Clock on Main Screen

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Clock on Main Screen

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Irwin Chris Irwin 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zman2206
    zman2206
    Participant

I would like to see the clock (user configurable) on the top of either screen for the Avantis.

New install – did I miss the setting somewhere?

Gary

Profile photo of Chris.Nelson
    Chris.Nelson
    Participant

Yes, this would be a very nice addition.

Profile photo of dagroch
    dagroch
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Clock
    Current scene
    I/o status

Lots of room to have a permanent home for heads up info

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Clock
    Current scene
    I/o status

ok, clock I understand
    but current scene? You mean last recalled scene?
    Makes no sense anyway, if you change any parameter, your scene data is not valid anymore…

and what you mean with I/O status?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, sometimes it would be helpful to look over the border of the dish and/or use you fantasy.
    For instance all yamaha mixers, at least the one I know, display the name of the scene, last recalled or last saved, together with an indicator, whether the scene is changed or not. After starting the console you also will see the scene and status of it. Even the inexpensive X32 can show us the „current scene“. For some users this information is really helpful.
    IO status? What about a display which io slot is in use and which stageboxes are connected and stuff like that. Also very helpful.

SteffenR
    Participant

think about it… you can show the last recalled scene without having any real meaning to the actual data present in the mixer…

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Just if it is not meaningful for you, it could be helpful for others. And do you think a company like yamaha is doing this just because some developers have too much time?
    For me that information would be at least helpful when storing data permanently as scenes and also when saving the show. Especially after some power cycle.

But this is an open forum and everyone can post some feature suggestions, regardless whether others can see the benefit or not. So be so kind and open your mind and do not use such hard phrases like „makes no sense anyway“. Say further more something like „I can see not benefit for me“ or „makes no sense for me“.

Profile photo of dagroch
    dagroch
    Participant

If you use scenes together with recall-safe for updating only parts of the desk e.g. your FX settings or mute settings then the recalled scene would perfectly represent the current state of your desk (concerning FX or mutes respectively). Just think of it as a named macro which you can activate with a user defined button. And even if you already changed something you still know where you started off.

In my eyes there is a good reason you can find something like current-scene and/or next-scene on almost every desk surface.

SteffenR
    Participant

In my eyes there is a good reason you can find something like current-scene and/or next-scene on almost every desk surface.

to find this information and most of the above mentioned information is already possible…
    the scene list shows the next and last recalled scenes
    the utility screen shows last scene, last show and status information on the connections

I only doubt that this information is needed as permanent information on every screen

of course if you have a scene heavy application you need the scene information
    and I would keep the scene list open on one of the screens

a good idea would be to have a scene or cue list visible all the time without blocking the processing or routing view

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Steffen,

I/o status meaning system status from the home screen.

With regards to the current scene recalled, you saying that ‘it doesn’t Matter once you’ve changed any value as the scene data is no longer valid’ is missing the point a bit.

I think it is a comfort thing, knowing that one has recalled the correct scene and making changes to the correct scene, a feature which is available on other consoles, Venue and Midas come to mind.

I’ll add another request. Flashing sends on fader similar to the VS for virtual soundcheck

Profile photo of JFug
    JFug
    Participant

I would LOVE to be able to see the current scene. We have scenes based on each song that’s done at our church as well as scenes for the sermon and welcome and ending, so its nice to know what one you’re on and it would be cool to see current/next or something!
    Thanks AH!

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

+1
    I/O Status would be a nice control feedback!

example:
    I often use 2 DX168 in daisychain.
    There is already an icon in the SQ screen, if (at least one) stagebox is connectet.

In the patching window (IO) I can see a streamlined square on the connections which are set (because i want them) but one of the stageboxes aren’t connectet.
    In this case the icon in the upper screen can be for example RED to warn me – the is an audio connection NOT possible to establish!
    It’s similar to Midas Pro Series “Status” indicator.

So only if all audio connections are made, die IO icon will apper in green…

I think this can give the feeling of “everything is safe with my audio network” to the user!
    A least for me this would be a handy and useful thing!

thanks,
    dd

Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

It would be beautiful to have a little area that could be configured to have any of the things mentioned above. Hit “options” to configure what you’d need to see in that spot. I would use the heck out of that. Clock, I/O device status, last recalled scene, all that stuff.

Profile photo of Buck
    Buck
    Participant

Clock – huge YES!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.