Clicking and pops with gigace split

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Clicking and pops with gigace split

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bangs A&H Bangs A&H 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hello, I have a S5000/CDM32(FOH) and C2500/DM48(MON) connected with a gigace digital split. I’m experiencing clicks and pops that won’t stop. The system has been running for over a month with no issues and just started with this problem over the past few days. I’ve re seated the gigace cards, checked the sample rate to be the same between the consoles but still have the clicks and pops. The link lights on the gigace cards are not flashing. I have audio coming through. Any ideas?

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Any other option cards fitted? Maybe the word clock source is not set correctly? I’ll assume you’ve swapped out cables as part of the troubleshooting 😉

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Dante and waves v3 are fitted but no audio passing through. I replaced the cable between the two gigace cards with no success. Should I try replacing cable from CDM32 to S5000 at FOH position?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did you checked the logs?

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Yes, checked the logs and they are clean. Tried all new shielded tactical cat6 as well as I replaced the gigace cards with new ones. No problem when I run the systems independently but when I set up the digital split and use the gigace cards, that’s when the clicks and pops start. They are intermittent at first and after 10-15 minutes they get worse.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Sounds like a clock issue. Have you double checked sync parameters?

ddff

Profile photo of Bangs A&H
    Bangs A&H
    Participant

Hi, please ensure that the “master” system has the Mixrack audio clock source set to internal. The second system needs to have the Mixrack audio clock source set to the port containing the gigaACE card. This way the second console will receive its clock sync from the master system.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.