Clearing Qu-pad custom layer

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Clearing Qu-pad custom layer

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello
    I have looked everywhere except the place where it is
    Can some-one please advise me how to clear all of the custom layers in a reset fashion. One layer at a time of course…
    Surely there must be a way of clearing a layer without swiping up all 32 faders one at a time.
    I have read the Ipad App manual but really at a loss to find that answer.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ok its late here now.
    And my question is nearly at the end of the queue…

Maybe I should have used the word “RESET” in staed of Clear ?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I don’t tend to use 32 faders on a custom layer – you can only see 8 at a time anyway, so I tend to limit myself somewhat.

Not sure whether there is a global clear option though – never really considered the need.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The need?
    Thanks Yes I agree thats a lot of faders to scroll through!

However it is not until somebody starts using the QU32 to replace the likes of a GSR24m in a studio enviroment that you start realising instant eye contact with what is being sent where.

Im wanting to leave ther surface in top layer or the midi mode driving my software.
    And utilise the iPad for my headphone sends but only from selected channels.
    So it would be advantageous to be able to clear in a flash or quickly and add only the selected tracks I require for that send.

No one else has answered so that is an indication this is not possible.
    I would certainly be wanting to do that on a system with a dedicated iPad.
    So that has turned me off from buying a non surface system.

Thanks for answering 😐

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

A non surface system can be controlled in other ways as well – don’t forget QuYou, or a second iPad of course

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

While it’s not a big thing for me, I think a “Clear” button for iPad custom layers setup screen would be a good idea.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

While it’s not a big thing for me, I think a “Clear” button for iPad custom layers setup screen would be a good idea. Could it be added as a feature request?

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, I agree, I have found this too. Though typically I won’t assign more than 8 faders to each custom layer, mainly my “Money” channels, Groups, DCAs, Mute Groups/SoftKeys. Some kind of block clear would be useful and I’ve added this as a feature request.
    Cheers.
    Harry.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you forum and Harry for looking at this.
    Custom layers have become [in my world] a dream to have!
    Maybe there will be a time when thats all we have with dual screens and upper and lower faders etc…

Now to be able to save the Qu-Pad custom layer and be able to copy paste between layers would be wonderful.
    Many times have I set up a custom layer and then thought… hold on I want that on the 3rd layer. 🙂

Thanks again
    cheers
    NZdave

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – the ability to save custom layouts would be good (and would solve this problem, just recall a blank layout)

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

No problem, saving Qu-Pad config locally is already requested and logged. In Qu-Pad v1.9 you can copy and paste processing by double tapping input channels, and sends by double tapping the mix master fader, you can’t currently copy/paste whole Custom Layer configs at the moment though. Will add this to the suggestions too.
    Cheers.
    Harry.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Is the local config saving going to allow for ‘virtual scenes’?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.