Cleaning the Touchscreens

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Cleaning the Touchscreens

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft Dave Meadowcroft 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AudioBL
    AudioBL
    Participant

Hi there
    It might sound a little bit stupid but how do you clean the touchscreens in those covid19 times?
    Thanks for your support.

Profile photo of AlexIG
    AlexIG
    Participant

I just used some glass cleaner and microfiber cloth worked great.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Go to your local general store or pharmacy and get some eye glasses cleaners. They are individually wrapped microfiber cloths with some kind of alcohol based solution on them. They work great for touch screens, including phones, tablets, etc, and are safe for use on plastics.

Profile photo of AudioBL
    AudioBL
    Participant

Thanks for the support. I will go to a store or pharmacy next week to buy some.

Profile photo of robert
    robert
    Participant

The spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 alters everyone to re-think our daily life and hygiene. From personal hygiene to disinfection and cleaning procedures in public areas people are more concerned with staying clean and germ-free. Everyone is tring to protect ourself, the coronavirus symptoms are like fiver, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath Etc. Be Safe
    Please use following steps to clean Touchscreens.
    – Please use a spray bottle to apply a mist of disinfection solution in a fine layer
    – Wear one way silicone gloves and face mask when disinfecting the devices to avoid any cross contamination

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Team,

We do now have a specific document on just this!

Product Cleaning Guidelines

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Jack_AH

Just what is TPE materials that should not be touched with alcohol?

What is soft touch other than the screen?
    Did you mean soft keys and other ‘plastic’ items?

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

So the “soft touch” refers to the rubberised knobs on some products (such as the GLD), QU side trims and the ME side trims.

We use TPE as the end ‘bumpers’ on the 168 Products, and the knobs on the XONE products.

Hope this helps!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Jack_AH

Thanks. That helps a lot for those of us who are not chemists [usa type:) ].

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Hi Jack,
    That link isn’t working for me.
    A quick Google provided this which does:
    https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/product-cleaning-guidelines-with-respect-to-covid-19

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.