Chrome's additional features ….

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Chrome's additional features ….

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of joel77 joel77 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Hi all. New to the forum. Looks like a cool, informative place.

I’m researching a purchase of a QU32. Today, the price difference between the Chrome and the non-chrome desk in $200. What exactly are the new features of the Chrome series, if the non-chrome mixer has the latest firmware update? Is it just chrome colored faders and knobs?

I’ve been searching the net, but I can’t seem to find any definitive answer.

Thanks you!

Joel
    Studio 52

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Chrome knobs and fader caps are the only difference, same hardware in any other aspect so same set of features when running same firmware version.
    Depending on use the chrome finish may be more than only decoration, in darker live environments it may enhance fader visibility significantly.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Thank you, Andreas!

Anyone with the new Chrome version? Just curious if the chrome is more visible in a darkened setting? That might be worth the extra $.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It would be – the black can be quite hard to see…

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

A dimmable gooseneck lamp is a cheaper investment.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

A couple of white stickers would be even cheaper…

Can’t bring myself to use sticky things on the QU though.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Silver Sharpie is even cheaper.
    Personally I’ve not had any issues with finding faders and fader levels on the Qu console in low-light situations when I am not using a lamp of any kind. The knobs for the EQ section do disappear rather well in low-light situations but I’ve not yet encountered an audio emergency while using the Qu where having a silver knob would have helped me more than having a black knob.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

I’ve decided that for $200 I can get a couple of A&H’s dimmable lamps, which I need anyway. Makes more since to me.

Thank you all for your input.

Joel
    Studio 52

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.