chromatic tuner feature request

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions chromatic tuner feature request

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

Having a chromatic tuner in the effects section would certainly be a valuable addition to the Qu series mixers. It could be assigned individually channel>return or globally mix>return.

Profile photo of mangobob
    mangobob
    Participant

Bumping this request – would love to have a tuner in the Qu series.. it’s one less thing to buy/carry/patch

It could be another option on the RTA screen and following the PAFL signal. The Fn key would cycle through: RTA, Spectrogram, Tuner

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sorry but a lot of things more badly needed. That’s a musicians tool.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Frankly, if you can’t tune things by ear, you have no business working in sound or music. Give us real audio mixing tools and if you want a tuner, get an outboard unit and run it on a Mix or PFL.

Profile photo of mangobob
    mangobob
    Participant

You don’t know me or my business.. I requested a tuner not your negative bullshit, dick

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Sorry, Bob, but after nearly 60 years in the business I can be as cranky as I want. The plain facts are that you can easily add whatever tuner you want as an outboard unit while the majority of users would prefer future development to address issues which can only be accomplished with software updates.

Just use whatever tuner you like, feed it from a selectable output on the board and use the result. No need to waste engineering time on something that is already possible albeit utilizing outboard.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Feature wars aside,

You can use the signal generator to tune your instrument. By default, the sine generator frequency is 440Hz, which is an ‘A’ note. You can use your ears to listen for the beat frequency when played alongside an ‘A’ from your instrument.

DC

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

It ain’t gonna happen so no use to argue. If that happened before HPF I would abandon the brand and I’ve sold a bunch of them.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I struggle to think of any situation where a decent foot-pedal tuner is not a much better option.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I would love to have integrated video and power point playback in the mixer. It would be one less thing for me to buy/patch/carry around.
    I would also love it to have built in nachos for those long gigs when I don’t have time to eat.
    And would it kill them to add a drink dispenser? Mixing is thirsty business.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Mounted on a beer keg with tapper.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Heated knobs for those cold winter outdoor gigs.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

4 ch wireless reciever compatible to all shure’s, sennheiser’s and audio technica built in.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

A&H planning a new box for the stripper pole. Booking agency in place for strippers but we needed the pole ready.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Studiodawg, sorry this thread has become a place for us to let off steam. Hope you’ll forgive us.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.