Channels "UN-ganging" spontaniously

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Channels "UN-ganging" spontaniously

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’ve had this issue for about 8 times during 30+ shows.
    I have two sets of ganged channels (ST1L-ST1R and ST2L-ST2R) . During show (in which I use 8 scenes) sometimes I find out that one of the channels is ‘un-ganged’. I have no clue where that comes from. When I gang the channels again, everything works fine again.

Anyone has this issue before?

I started another topic (about MIDI problems with QLab see: topic here ), could this be related? Is it possible that QLab MIDI sends an ‘ungang’ message in stead of a scene change?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

There is no control over ganging via MIDI, but it could be a scene that doesn’t have this ganging information. If you block ganging changes in the global filter, does this solve the problem?

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    Ganging changes were already blocked in global filter!
    All scenes have the same ganging info (for as far as i know, next time i will unblock the global filter and see what happens when i recall the scenes.).
    It didn’t happen yesterday but it did two days before. Same show, same scenes.
    Strange.

Thanks, Daniel

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

That is strange!

If you’re able to recreate this behaviour, please go to support@allen-heath.com to start a support ticket.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

Hi Alex, I’ve been able to reconstruct this issue.

It happens when I recall a scene while moving the ganged faders.
    In my case, i was doing a fade on the sq, while Qlab sends a program change. You feel a light ‘bump’ on the ganged channel fader and after that the channel is ‘unganged’.
    This also happens if i do the scene recall on the SQ itself, and also when I ‘re-recall’ the scene I am in.

Still not sure if it is a bug or if it can be prevented by setting different global/scene filters.

Thanks, Daniel

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for letting me know!

Have you started a support ticket already? If not, please include your show folder in the ticket so I can pass it to our software team.

Thanks!
    Alex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.