Channels for different apps in windows

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Channels for different apps in windows

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeddonArchon
    GeddonArchon
    Participant

I have a qu32 and in Windows audio devices I see channel 27/28, 29/30, 31/32. My question is can there be more channels used this way or are we somehow limited to these 3 stereo pairs? Im wondering if this is a software thing where the qu series could be updated to support more or if there is already configuration somewhere so I could get more channels this way? I’m probably fine with what is there but I’m thinking it might be cool to have more like the go xlr has Up to 8 I think. There is also Dante but doesn’t look like anyone makes an affordable device to get A lot of Dante channels to analog.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

32 in and out

read the manual

GeddonArchon
    Participant

You are not understanding my question. In windows audio devices channels 27-28 are an audio output device. As are channels 29-30 and 31-32. So a total of 3 stereo devices. I can assign discord to one and my other pc audio to one and then something else to the third. My question is this. Is there a way to get more channels in windows audio devices like these 6. I know how it works from a DAW.

SteffenR
    Participant

read the Manuals
    I did unterstand your question
    but this ist not directly related to the QU
    since this is a Windows setting

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Set more channels to USB input.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@geddonarchon

You have a pc driver but mostly DAW problem.
    Ask in the forum for your DAW how to use it.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Try something like Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO Bridge.

SteffenR
    Participant

Try something like Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO Bridge.

that’s still not what he wants
    he wants to assign more apps to stereo channels on the QU
    but he really don’t understand the task of the mixer in this setup

and discord is not supporting ASIO I think

btw you have 16 Stereo playback devices available
    should be enough

SteffenR
    Participant

oh I have to add… 16 stereo playback devices with ASIO or 32 configurable inputs
    use ASIO4ALL
    there is another program that can do what you need
    but I don’t remember the name… it’s from the same company as Virtual Audio Cable

GeddonArchon
    Participant

Ok, so without virtual audio cable or anything like that I have 3 stereo audio devices. My question was can I get more than that by doing something on the mixer or is that some set limit. Typically I set channels 1-26 and st1-st3 as the inputs in reaper then I leave 27-32 as windows audio devices and it works fine. I can send main pc audio back and discord audio back and I don’t use the 3rd stereo channel and at the same time I can record the channels I assigned in reaper. This was just a general question about how the qu32 shows up in windows audio devices without any 3rd party routing. I have read the manuals and I didn’t see this explained anywhere, but maybe I missed it. Thanks for the help.

SteffenR
    Participant

you still mix inputs and outputs in your post… that makes it very difficult to get your point

the QU32 hast still 32 inputs from the PC and sends 32 outputs to the PC, always
    and the availability of stereo devices is limited to 3 output(playback) devices in WASAPI
    but you can configure ASIO as needed
    but it’s not deeply integrated in Windows and is exclusivly available to one pro audio low latency application at a time

GeddonArchon
    Participant

Well windows output devices are outputs from windows but on the mixer essentially they are inputs on the mixer. So they are both things at the same time depending on what device we are talking about. It definitely can get somewhat confusing. For my needs the default way it works seems ok so far. I am curious about the sq series though if anyone knows. Do those show up the same way in windows or is it different? I may upgrade eventually.

SteffenR
    Participant

I guess only one stereo device
    the handling is slightly different

but after all it’s a pro audio mixing desk, not a home audio interface
    you have all 32 in and out available all the time and these are free patchable in the SQ

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@geddonarchon

That is a windoze problem and a windows question for a windows forum if you want to know how things show up in your DAW.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.