Channels 17-18

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Channels 17-18

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dart Dart 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of J
    J
    Participant

We have 18 sources to record at the same time. Is there a problem recording say like a guitar to the stereo channel 17 and a vocal to 18 or will that be a problem?

I’m sorry if this is a super noob question, but I’m just getting back into this on the fly after many years of being out and am having to relearn a lot of stuff in a short time.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@J

The way I read the documents it depends on which model Qu you have.
    On the 32 the way I read it, you will not be able to do it.
    On the 16 you should be able to do it. But it takes some , not intuitive to me, correct settings.
    Read your manual and look at the block diagram carefully.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

We have 18 sources to record at the same time. Is there a problem recording say like a guitar to the stereo channel 17 and a vocal to 18 or will that be a problem?

I’m sorry if this is a super noob question, but I’m just getting back into this on the fly after many years of being out and am having to relearn a lot of stuff in a short time.

You can go into the IO set up menu under the USB tab and select what channels or mix sources to any of the multitrack tracks. The default setting is 17 & 18 are the main L R mix but can be changed.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You can do this. But a few questions will help get a better answer (if you need one).

Which mixer do you have?

Do you have any of the I/O boxes connected? (AR84 AB168 AR2412)

Do you have anything to record that’s already stereo?

Profile photo of Dart
    Dart
    Participant

I work with a QU-SB and when I assign something to tracks 17-18 in the I/O patch USB I don’t have anything on these tracks in a multitrack recording… It’s a big problem to me who work with 18 tracks all the time!

I don’t work with a DAW in live recording. Only through a SSD disk drive.

If someone could help, it would be great!

I read the forums, the manual, everything I can but it’s very hard to find a tip to do so.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.