Channel to matrix routing suggestion.

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Channel to matrix routing suggestion.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MasterLufier
    MasterLufier
    Participant

Small background:
    dLive is perfect for routing and merging any other consoles on big festival. dLive have much channels, analog and digital inputs, mixes and expansion cards. And all of this perfect for better festival master console. But…

But, i can’t route channel to matrix. Yes, i can send channel to group or master, and then to matrix. But i need use more mixes. This feature not difficult and don’t add problem. Thank you.

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

+1, it’s not difficult and very conveniently

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

You can use EXT IN on the Matrix?

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

If you route an input to a matrix does that not make the matrix a mix bus?
    After all you have 64 mix buses surely you could commit one to cover your need?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Matrix accepts group, mains and auxes as sources
    to add the inputs would be very good, it adds flexibility

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, that is how I remember from old days- matrix is mix from buses. Adding inputs to this would create something new- a hybrid between aux and matrix.

ddff

MasterLufier
    Participant

to Gustavh: If I do have more than one external console on festival, and need have mute it, for safety reboot and shows recall, i can’t use Ext.IN.

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Hmm.. How do you mean? You must be able to safe and mute your matrixes without problems?

Tho, I understand a need to be able to send a processed channel to matrix. A workaround until that can be made could be to make a direct out from a channel and route it back to a matrix ext in? Hardwire, will waste some connections but maybe the best solution to it now. If not, I may not understand the problem. 🙂
    Cheers //Gustav

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

If you mean having several inputs active to a matrix, use groups to have redundant audio flow. Sure, it’s not a route everything to anything matrix, but since there are a bunch of busses availiable on the console, routing by bus input>bus>matrix might work fine in many scenarios.

Still just a tip to make it work. It’s not prefwrred since it uses up busses, might be tight when you do need them all.

Cheers again //Gustav

MasterLufier
    Participant

Yes, Gustavh. Thank you for answer. Now I need use channels->group->matrix, and it works fine, but needs additional mixes.

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Why don’t you just use an aux for that?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Yes, you can do that well with aux. an aux does not always have to be prefade 😉

Nevertheless, this question about channels-to-Matrix will keep reappearing, because many technicians are so used to it from Yamaha.
    it might therefore be a good idea to implement this in dLive, so that this theme, which has been recurring for many years, can finally be brought to an end. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.