Channel Strip Disappears when scene recalled

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Channel Strip Disappears when scene recalled

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave Perry
    Dave Perry
    Participant

I have a show with about 200 cues. I recently had to add another channel to a strip on my surface even though this channel and strip assignment are globally safed the channel disappears from the surface when I recall a scene. Any ideas why it would do this?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Have you safed strip assign for both banks?

Recall the scene, add the channel back in and re-save the scene. Does that fix it? EDIT: That’s not very practical if all the scenes have this issue.

Does blocking strip assign at the individual scene level make any difference?

Could you upload your show file?

Chris

Dave Perry
    Participant

Have you safed strip assign for both banks?

Yes both are safed.

Recall the scene, add the channel back in and re-save the scene. Does that fix it? EDIT: That’s not very practical if all the scenes have this issue.

If I re save the scene the channel strip does appear when recalled. However I’d have to record this into every scene which defeats the point of global safe stripe assignment.

Does blocking strip assign at the individual scene level make any difference?

I will look into this but I’m not sur you can save stripe assign at a scene.

Could you upload your show file?

I could upload a copy of the show in due course.

Profile photo of tomheuze
    tomheuze
    Participant

Hello,

First of all I apologize for my English, I am French people.

I have the same problem !

I have a GLD 80 with “GLD FIRMWARE RELEASE 1.51” and when i add strip assign and i recall a scene recorded before, my strip assignment not disappear, but when, i reboot gld80 and i recall the same scene the strip assignment disappear.
    In the “safe scene” I have safe all parameter.

Do you have an idea for the origin of my problem ?

Thanks a lot.

Thomas

tomheuze
    Participant

I did the same test with GLD editor in Windows and i have the same reaction.

I don’t understand why ?!

Dave Perry
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I never came to a solution to fix this problem. Hopefully A&H can shed some light on the issue.

Dave

@pyrodave
    @tomheuze

Sorry to hear you’re both experiencing some problems.

Could you drop us an email at support@allen-heath.com with your show file, log files and a step-by-step reproduce procedure and then we will investigate this issue further for you 🙂

Please include in your email which forum user-name you use so I can ensure we tie all the information up correctly!

Hi all,

I can confirm that this is logged as a bug which should be resolved in a future firmware update.
    The bug only affects Strip Assign Scene Safes after a reboot.

As a workaround we can suggest saving the scene before powering down or rebooting your system.

Hope this helps!

Profile photo of Sligo-Sound
    Sligo-Sound
    Participant

I have the same or similar issue but it’s not just a problem at reboot. Some safed items, including but not limited to strip assigns, do not behave as safed in that every scene has to be individually resaved with changes reapplied to each scene before resave. Unfortunately I can’t remember what else was misbehaving and won’t be on the desk again til next weekend. Hopefully this can be fixed asap cos it’s a major issue for anyone using scenes. I would also like to suggest that a scene mode should be allowed that always starts with every parameter in a safe state. In my usage methods I am normally only changing very few parameters from scene to scene. It would be easer to unsafe those parameters for each new scene than to safe all the things I don’t want changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomheuze
    Participant

Hello,

Do you know when is that a update will fix this problem ?

Because saving the differents scene when i change strip assign, is a error source …

Thank you !

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi tomheuze,
    I’m afraid I don’t have a timescale for release at the moment but we are working on a V1.52 maintenance release for GLD.

tomheuze
    Participant

Ok.

Thank you

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Hello,

Are there any updates for the maintenance release.
    Yesterday I also had to rework over 60 scenes because another channel was added to the strip although strip assignment was globally safe.

Thanks

Profile photo of cekren
    cekren
    Participant

I’ve been fighting this lack of persistent global strip assign scene safes since we bought our first GLD back in 2014. I’m glad its now being addressed, would love to see this fixed…

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Any update on this?

It’s now nearly a year since Nicola said A&H is working on a V1.52 maintenance release for GLD…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.