Channel Noise (QU-SB)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Channel Noise (QU-SB)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I have encountered a minor problem with my QU-SB that results in what sounds like rustling or if you are using a mic outdoors and it is picking up a breeze. I noticed it a few months ago, but didn’t really take much notice until recently, on channel 6 I use an Sennheiser 901 boundary mic for the kick, so it obviously requires phantom power to run.

At first I thought it was the mic that was at fault, especially on one particular gig where during the middle part of the second set I could hear clipping coming through the PA, Channel 6 (kick) was clipping badly yet no alterations to the channel gain had been made, and even when I turned it right down it persisted in this manner, so I just muted it completely for the remainder of our show.

So on the next few gigs I moved the kick mic to channel 5 without any problems.

Last weekend I decided to go back to channel 6, the level was fine, but it has this rustling sound coming back through the PA, definitely not the mic that is at fault as it is fine when swapped to another channel.

Any ideas?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

What does the PAFL sounds like for that mic?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.