Channel Naming

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Channel Naming

This topic contains 56 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lou Lou 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gange
    Gange
    Participant

Reading the “New features” document for FW 1.2 channel naming is added to the QU-pad. I wonder how it is mapped to the mixer, though. Maybe it isn’t.

https://109.203.103.60/tech/releasenotes/Qu-16%20firmware%20V1.2%20New%20Features.pdf

Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

Gange,that’s awesome! Where did you find that!? A&H website still only has firmware 1.12 as the current and my iPad app isn’t updating either.it says Dec release on the document so hopefully it’s imminent! Well spotted!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Qu-Pad channel naming is among the new features in V1.2 firmware released today.

Profile photo of Gange
    Gange
    Participant

Ahh, yes! I confused the 1.12 release with the 1.2. 🙂

But the names are not on the desk, yet?

Good news nevertheless.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

anyone tried the naming already? I wonder if it is on the console as well!? However, on the ipad is the most important place to find the name.. i will use gaffa tape on the board anyway due the missing Channel-LCDs!
    Great features are now implemented like the PEQ on all Mixes, Mute buttons and FX-Tap-Tempo on the ipad as well as user libraries for channel processing! Good Work A&H!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Thank you for the PEQ, guys!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Liking it. Please allow this feature on the on board display, too, and allow that data to flow from iPad to mixer, be stored with the scene, and flow back to the iPad if necessary.

It’s not as clean and easy as having individual displays per fader, but this is a step in the right direction! Thank you!

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

I just purchased a QU-24 knowing that channel names are not stored in the mixer (scenes, etc). However, I think that it is a must have feature (and I’m hopeful the AH will see the light) that as others have said is already available on pretty much all competitive mixers in this price range. The channel names should be stored with scenes and should appear on the processing screen, QU Pad app and the ME1. The lack of channel names truly makes this mixer less user friendly than it should be.

AH please add this feature soon!!!

Profile photo of FabioLibardi
    FabioLibardi
    Participant

I’m very sad. New firmware version 1.4 and I hoped to find the channel naming on my QU mixer. No!!! A full digital machine and I have to use paper and pen to remember where I have plug the instruments.

Sorry for my English..

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I agree. Now especially with the 24 version and hope for a 32. It seems like a very logical item being passed over for some things that only matter to some people. Channel naming would apply to everyone.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I like the fact that progress is being made, and that at least some of our suggestions are being taken seriously. But yes, I’m disappointed that channel naming on the hardware isn’t done yet. Seems like a real oversight.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Oh come on guys, cut some slack. 1.4 to me was the deliverance of the outstanding promised features. With that done, maybe we will see a lot more features requested here.

Profile photo of DMAudio
    DMAudio
    Participant

I’d like to see channel naming too, but in no rush really. There’s a lot to be said for strips of china tape like we’ve all probably done for years 😉

Profile photo of FabioLibardi
    FabioLibardi
    Participant

I’m using the QU-16 and the QU-24 for job. Every evening I recall a different scene because I am the technician for a lot of bands. I have a notebook (in the mixer case) where I have written the list of channel: it’s not impossible, but it’s not much pratical.

However I use a tape on my surface, because it’s better!!! But I do not have to use a notebook for remember the channel. Moreover, if I can save the channel name on my mixer, I don’t have to go to renominate every time all the channels on the ipad.

Sorry for my English.. I think Google translate doesn’t work fine.. 😀

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

I am sorry but I have to laugh at this, This is the very reason that I got rid of my QU Series mixer, The mixer is a great piece of gear, But without an element that alot of people are asking for.
    With all of these posts about wanting channel naming on the desk, You would think that A&H would implement this to keep their customers happy, I just think that it is just not possible on this desk.
    This is a new product line, That seems to get alot of attention from A&H along with the GLD Line, Which is great for these models.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.