Channel Name on GLD-112 when using DAW controll

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Channel Name on GLD-112 when using DAW controll

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johan Johan 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Johan
    Johan
    Participant

Hi all!

New to the forum and also new owner of a GLD-112.

Bought the GLD to be used both in our studio as well as for our live situations. We are using Cubase as our DAW and when installing the DAW control software using Mackie Control, I realized that neither channel name (in scribble strips) or panning is supported in the Mackie Control integration.

Allen Heath: How come you are supporting Mackie Control integration with Daw, but excluding these vital parts of the Mackie Control protocol?
    Are you planning to release a new version of the DAW Control software for GLD supporting this?
    In my view this would make the GLD so much more versitile and you would get an advantage over the competition, since other digital mixer vendors do not support this in a good way!

I can see that the general Midi implementation supports sending sysex message to GLD to set Channel Name and Color. Has anyone managed to get this setup from any DAW (preferably Cubase)?

BR
    Johan

Profile photo of Johan
    Johan
    Participant

Allen&Heath, any response from your side to my question above?
    BR
    /Johan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.