Channel Mute Midi Commands

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Channel Mute Midi Commands

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ioTon ioTon 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

Hello all

I have a scenario I wonder if anyone else might have tried to implement…

With so many now streaming audio online, I have a church who are looking to have a system where when the mute button is pressed on the SQ6 that this also lights up an external wall mounted Panel with the presenters mic number in red when they are muted. So, if mute Lapel 1, the box on the wall shows that lapel 1 is lit up red. Its a prefabricated metal box like an On Air box.

Has anyone come across essentially a MIDI to voltage switch relay unit that could receive a MIDI command from the SQ and trigger a relay switch to turn on an external light source?

Thank you…

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@avenueservices

interesting idea but what do they do with that box on the wall that has the light ?
    do they want to know their mike is safe if they are making comments they dont want heard?

we group the rf mikes and can see the mute buttons lit up to know who is live and who is muted

if you really NEEDed this it would not be hard to convert note on to light on using some existing device

avenueservices
    Participant

Its to put the light box on the wall opposite stage so presenters can see when they are muted or live.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@avenueservices

interesting. we have on/off switches so they can control when they are live.
    our folks just turn the mikes on when they are on stage and we handle muting/unmuting from FOH.
    I guess if there were a need they could toggle them during the performance too.

I have trouble envisioning how that could work except in a small studio.
    No way they could see it from the stage in our church.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Ok that’s a unique idea.

Here is company that make all kinds of MIDI control interfaces, about half way
    down the page they have a few that take a MIDI command convert that to a contact
    closure.

Do you have multiple presenters on stage at one time taking turns speaking during
    a presentation?
    What is the presentation format and setting?

Normally I don’t hard mute mics during a presentation but rather use the faders
    to bring mics up and down.
    That way so if you slightly miss a cue it’s smoother that just turning a mic on in the middle of a word.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Ok here is the company I forgot to post the link to!!!

MIDI Soultions

avenueservices
    Participant

Thanks will check it out

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Great Idea,

I think this should work! – Give us info about your experience.

To get the 5 pin Midi Signal out of your SQ – you’ll need the bomeBox.
    Or you’ll use a Computer connected to the USB or Network of your SQ.

But the Bomebox can also connect via Wifi to the SQ – I’m playing actual a lot with this little Box – it’s amazing 😉
    https://www.bome.com/products/bomebox

greetings
    dd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.