Channel Insert inline or split

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Channel Insert inline or split

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JTRJAMMER
    JTRJAMMER
    Participant

If I use a channel insert to send a channel to FX5 it places the effect inline with the channel strip. Is it possible to split the insert to channel stays clean and FX5 is routed back
    to another set of input channels? For example, send stereo channels 1 and 2 to FX and FX returns on stereo channels 3 and 4? So can manage dry/wet with faders. Appears you can do this with an FX
    Bus and/or a Group to Main L/R so that works, just curious if there is a way do this with channel out to FX to different channel in…

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

I believe only way to do this would be to use hardware (return FXs to a mix then XLR from mix output to channel input).

Regards, Jake.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Well, if you want the return of that FX on other INPUT channels anyway, why don’t you patch the same physical inputs to another set of channels and insert the FX in those channels?

JTRJAMMER
    Participant

So if I understand that right I could patch physical input (say local 1/2 or DX 1/2) to input channels 1/2 and 3/4. Leave channels 1/2 clean, insert FX on channels 3/4. So from what
    I read before only one mono/stereo input channel can control the preamp gain, so any changes to input gain would be mirrored on all the assigned channels? 48V? HPF?

JTRJAMMER
    Participant

Got to the board today and works perfect, only gain and 48V shared. Thanks Jens-Droessler.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

You’re welcome. Have fun with the new board!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.