channel copy/duplicate

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions channel copy/duplicate

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zach Zach 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Phase3
    Phase3
    Participant

Before i post this as a feature request.
    I can’t see anyway of completely duplicating input channel. I know you can copy processing from one channel to another but it doesn’t copy the sends, channel name etc.
    I’ve also tried saving a channel in library but again that doesn’t seem to recall every setting.
    Have i missed something?

Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

I have the same issue.

Can’t find a way of duplicating a channel or any feasible workaround. Copy/Paste only does bits of the preamp, saving as a library item doesn’t restore any routing or sends or compression as far as i can tell.
    I could be missing something but have spent hours faffing without finding a solution. (Even looked at the dat files to see if I could decode and hand edit – not really feasible!)

I also could do with the ability to save libraries of channel types that ALSO save everything but the name.

I think a useful feature would be channel duplicate that does everything apart from the name. (Maybe a PasteALL command?)

I can do this sort of thing easily on a cheapy behringer desk.

Andy

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Zach
    Zach
    Participant

+1 This would be a really useful feature. I get that it’s more modular to support copy/pasting individual parts like processing, but the fact that there’s no way to copy/paste a specific channel’s mix sends (send levels + pre/fade status) is surprising. That seems so basic. I frequently make use of the full channel copy/paste on our Soundcraft console, and I’m afraid this shortcoming will be one of the biggest blockers for us to upgrade to an A&H SQ.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.