Channel blinky lights die!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Channel blinky lights die!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LKY LKY 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

In the middle of a gig tonight, the chanel 4 meters on my Qu-16 stopped working! I only noticed because the red peaks lights came 0n when someone fired up the Twin for a certain song. Has this happened with anyone else?
    I depend on those lights to see where to go for adjustments… Bummer!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Do you use a compressor or Gate on that specific channel? What you see is the Output Level on this meter, but if you have a Clip before compressor then it might be correct that the Signal is clipping while the Output meter is not too loud! can you check this?

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

No gates (thanks though!). I believe the channel indicators are pre-everything, though, if not it is wrong! I had no processors in that chanel on Friday’s gig, and the Twin was only played for the last couple songs…

But an update: Friday it was no green lights on channel 4. Saturday they worked again, all three lights on Ch4. Today, I got the zero and the peaks but no sig light. It was on bass and I watched the singal in other meters, solo’dand on the screen, and it is just the one sig LED this time.

I can even omagine it is a cold solder joint, if not the digital LED drivers.

Grrr!

<L>

Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

My QU-16 channel 2 is doing the same thing, green lights do not function, only a red when the signal peaks.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Hmm, thanks. It is good to know but not really comforting to know you have it to. Have you asked about warranty repair?

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Followup: The channel 4 LEDS worked for half of the following gig, the second half, and have worked fine ever since. I keep an eye on them so just woinder how they could fail for only a gig and a half?!?

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Well,

I’m thinking it’s either a loose connector…or a cold solder joint…

Next time it quits…give it a jostle and see if it fires back up…it’d say smack it…but some people smack equipment too hard 🙂

Ask ah if there is a cable/connector running to them…or a plug in board for each set…based on the layout I’d assume there is one or the other being so close to the fader location…

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Oops,

By the Select section…not fader…

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

“By the Select section…not fader…” actually right between them, so both are right!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Lou and Ken,

Can you confirm this still happens when all channel processing (gate, eq, compressor) is off? The Input meter is post processing, so heavy compressor settings or a high gate threshold could easily be the culprit here. The Peak indicator on the other hand is multi-point – this was designed to warn the engineer of ANY peak along the signal path, and explains why you can sometimes see just the red LED lighting up.

However if you are sure this wasn’t the case I’d recommend contacting our local distributor for servicing.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

So,

Dead LEDs or squashed audio signal…

I’d like to know for one, if there is a possible issue with a component its always good to know, no one is perfect…and either way warranty would fix it for sure…

But if it’s a. Loose connector, or wire…that’s an easy fix…

Nic, it’s nice to know where the signal is coming from for all meters for reference…

And putting it in say a tech doc or the manual would be great…

I assumed before this post (wrongly I might add) all meters were post Pre on inputs…and post fader on outputs…and the comp bar was of course the negative of the main channel mix…

LKY

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.