Changing users not working

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Changing users not working

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gange Gange 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WarEagle
    WarEagle
    Participant

I am attempting to use the user screen on the Qu-16 and when I select a user nothing happens. I cannot type anything into the User Scene box or get the login to work. How do you set this up in order to get the users to work? When I select a user and go back to the home tab it still says Admin, it never changes user modes. I have the latest update loaded into the Qu-16 (v1.12).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That feature is not yet supported.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think it is interesting that several features you expect on digital mixers are ‘not yet supported’ on the QU. Still good but…..

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It has been stated in the user manual since the beginning that user permissions are not yet supported.

GCumbee, do you actually have this unit? Or are you just posting for fun? What exactly is it that you find interesting?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I am a dealer. Yes I have one. They good enough ?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That should have been……’That good enough?’. No edit feature showing.

In Stock, GLD80/AR2412 GLD112/AR2412-2 x AR84 QU16 ME-1

George Cumbee, Pres.
    Audio Creations Inc. Paducah, KY
    Mid-America Communications Audio/Video Services, Paducah, KY
    http://www.midcommav.com
    Classic Recording Studios, Nashville, TN
    Classic Aviation, LLC.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

What did you mean with ‘I think it is interesting that several features you expect on digital mixers are ‘not yet supported’ on the QU’?
    What is so interesting about it? Didn’t you know that it was stated as a not yet supported feature from the beginning?

Somehow you sound like not understanding some of the posts here. I think the question was clear, my answer was it too. Could you explain what your point was?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

What exactly is your problem? I don’t appreciate your condescending attitude! I am not a newbie at this. Been in A/V business almost 40yrs.

If you must know. My point was….A basic thing like USER’s should have been there from the beginning. Some users need/want that. Also, channel naming for QuPad users, lack of full DAW user interface as advertised, other minor things, etc. As good as the board is, it seems they decided to roll it out a little sooner than they should have maybe. Another thing is Scene changing. Several things there not as good as it should be. No reason for taking up 3 softkeys to do instant recalls(NEXT/PREVIOUS/GO). It is 2 on GLD which is still one too many. Should be done with one for up or 2 if you wanted up and down.

I think you are trying to beat a dead horse here. I have just as much right to make points as you do. Not sure what your problem is? FTR: I did not see that in the slim manual that came with it. I am bad about not reading manuals.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Another thing Mr. Guitarhero. I don’t think the spirit of this forum is for attacking or questioning posters. It is for asking for and getting help. I have tried to do my best to do both. I think questioning why things don’t work(yet) or suggesting improvements is perfectly within that spirit. I should not have to defend my postings to anyone other than A&H. Period

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

This is wandering a bit off-topic, but…

I work for a software company. I’m a designer and usability expert there. Several years ago, we adopted an Agile development process…which is fine for the development side of things, but sucks for design and for ensuring that a holistic user experience is intentionally delivered.

One of the side effects of Agile is that things are often released incomplete. “Good enough” is the mantra. The features lacking in the Qu-16 smack a little of that side effect to me.

One thing that we strive to do at our company is to reassure users with some kind of timeline for promised features. I’ve heard that suggested here, too. Nobody is saying the board isn’t great. There is always room for improvement, though. And as GCumbee states, there are some fairly basic features that have not yet been implemented. If the prioritization process at A&H resembles that at my company, I would guess that some of these features were deemed “useful to 10% of users” only, and even if they are high priority for that 10%, getting the thing on the market quickly was higher priority still.

I have to say this, and I’m not trying to snipe: I have the Qu-16 on a 45-day trial. I have been struggling with whether to get this or a (gulp) Behringer product. My guess is Behringer is not yet delivering on all their promises, but they seem more “feature complete” right now in some ways. And they seem more scalable. Were it not for those factors and the above-described oversights in implementation on the Qu-16, my choice would be clearly in favor of supporting A&H. I hope I don’t have to send my board back to exchange for an x32.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I thought the ‘you’ in your “I think it is interesting that several features you expect on digital mixers are ‘not yet supported’ on the QU” was meaning me. I wondered what you were considering so interesting and asked. I had the impression that you didn’t know about this feature being stated as not yet supported from the beginning. It looked to me as if you were writing here without knowing or using the unit.

Seems that I just misunderstood you. I had the impression that you had been trying to argument against some feature requests in the forum stating for example ‘you get what you pay for’ which is very different from your last statement saying the Qu16 might have been rushed out.

If your postings can’t be understood by others, I guess they will ask. You seem to like the ‘period’ thing… You don’t have to defend anything. If someone doesn’t understand what you tried to say with one line you can decide just not to comment. But you shouldn’t be surprised if your one liner wasn’t understood (by me, for example). It’s just so out of context in this thread (as other of your posts in other Qu16 threads). Why don’t you open a thread “Qu16 missing basic features – unit rushed out” ? Then you can state clearly what you think and we could discuss about that. Instead you keep posting difficult to understand comments on different Qu16 threads that are dealing with specific questions or feature suggestions. Those posts as well as your intention writing them are difficult to understand because they are out of context in those threads.

I apologize for misunderstanding you. I’m afraid that might continue happening since you have been stating ‘you get what you pay for’ on one thread, and on the other ‘Several things there not as good as it should be’. Those two statements need some kind of explanation to be understood coming from the same person.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The ‘you’ always meant a person in general. Nothing personal. Like saying ‘what one expects’. Meaning the buyer. Just the way I say things. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

The period thing is just a takeoff on the current state of news in USA with the President making a statement about our health system. A promise that he made years ago and adding ‘Period’. on the end. That one word has created a firestorm of controversy over the broken promise.

I will not address anything else on this. Ready to put this to rest. I am tired.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Mr. Cumbee, I really want to apologize for me talking in defense without any reason. I didn’t understand some of your posts in other threads, but from now on I will ask without being prejudiced. Promised!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Apology accepted. Not sure you really need to. Maybe I just was not clear. Sometimes on international forums things get lost in language or writing style. No harm done. Let’s just continue to try to improve the product.

Many blessings to you and your family.

George.

Profile photo of Gange
    Gange
    Participant

Being in the same business as GR-PDX, I agree with the statement that there should be some kind of roadmap stating at least what features one could expect from a product this, from a hobbyist point of view, expensive.

I think A&H could use and being more visible this forum more in order to:
    * Clear out questions and stop rumours
    * Make a a person interested in buying this mixer some confidence that it’s a good buy and that the features will come. Eventually.
    * Show that there marketing department is interested how people want to use their device.

I’m fully aware that there is a cost involved for that but a couple of extra sales generated by a welcoming community would fix that. Look at the forum for another mixer company building slightly lighter blue mixers. I’d feel much more secure spending money there, but I really like the idea of this mixer.

Or maybe it’s just because I’m a noob that don’t know enough that gives me this feeling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.