changing scenes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions changing scenes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sparky Sparky 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Soulshakers
    Soulshakers
    Participant

Hello Guru’s!
    We have an SQ6 and our drummer uses a real kit with mics and a roland electronic kit.

My question is…….The current scene we have with real drums is perfect for all other instruments. It is saved and we want to now create another scene with the Roland Electronic kit but all other instruments stay the same as the current.
    we want to copy this scene and then rename it to say scene 2 Roland kit, tweak our drum channels to the Roland kit and save. so we want to be able to go back and forth so when the drummer uses his real kit we can bring that scene up and vice versa and all other instrument channels stay the same.
    is this possible? and how can we do this?

thanks!!

Profile photo of Heirloom AVM
    Heirloom AVM
    Participant

You should be able to open the current real drum scene and then save it as a new scene. Then just adjust for the Roland kit and save. All of the other instrument settings should be retain the values from the real drum scene.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Soulshakers,

Another few options would be:
    #2- If you have spare input channels, set up the scene with both kits and, if necessary, use a couple of mute groups to mute the channels not in use (so it’s super clear when mixing).
    #3- Store channel libraries for the channels you have set up perfectly (I’m not sure if you mean the processing or mixes have been set up perfectly).
    #4- Use channel safes to stop changes to any channels you want to keep the same when recalling scenes.

(Heirloom AVM’s advice would still be #1)

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Sparky
    Sparky
    Participant

+1 on Heirlooms suggestion. I,m a drummer who owns an SQ6 and use it the same way as your drummer. Play out with a mic’ed acoustic kit and practice/play small venues with a Roland TD30. Heirlooms suggestion works perfectly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.