Changing Mixes directly

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Changing Mixes directly

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ljefe ljefe 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JonnyGold
    JonnyGold
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I’m buying the qu-16 next Week and want to know, if i can do different mixes (maybe 3) and can change them directly?!

I will use it in my studio and want to do very wet mix with a lot of effects and then change the mix directly to a dry mix.
    Does this work?

Greetz
    Jonny

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not quite sure what you are trying to do… but.

There are 4 FX units, and two dedicated FX mixes.
    You can use other mixes to provide ‘FX3’ and ‘FX4’, but you lose the monitor mixes.
    If you are apply FX to a single channel then you can also use Channel->Return.

The Returns from each of these have their own faders, so the wet/dry mix can be changed on the fly quite easily.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If you use all 4 expects returns, rather than Channel-Return (insert) option, then you could put them all in the same mute group, giving instant 100% wet/dry comparison.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or a DCA, giving overall wet/dry, but maintaining their relative levels

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

to accomplish what you are asking really requires a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) program like Digital Performer, Pro Tools, Logic, Sonar or some other program to make automation changes for each mix. That is the best way and offers the most flexibility, the Qu mixer on it’s own does not have automation like a DAW.

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

To me, it isn’t clear what you are wanting to do.

Are you wanting to have 3 different Scenes, as A&H calls them? If so, all you have to do is use the FX mutes to remove all effects.

On the A&H console, a Mix is the name used for Monitors. If this is what you mean by “mix” you may have to use a different approach, as previously suggested.

Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

You can save many “scenes” that include all parameters including effects, then change the “scene” as the music plays while you are mixing. But as was mentioned, there is no automation of motion- you must use a DAW to record your fader or knob movements.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.