Change Source but not PreAmp

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Change Source but not PreAmp

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of brenti
    brenti
    Participant

Is it possible to change the source on a fader but not the PreAmp? For instance, if I want to move the acoustic guitar from A-1 to C-3, but I want to keep the PreAmp settings in tact. The reason I’m asking is because I want to move a whole block of channels but I’m trying not to have to remember preamp settings for everything.

Thanks for your help.

Brent

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

1. copy the original channel, paste it to the new fader ie. copy a1, paste to c3
    -or-
    2. select the “new fader” channel, make its input the original channel ie. select c3, go to preamp, make the source a1

Make sure the new channel is routed to the desired destination, check dca routing, etc.

-Tim T

Profile photo of brenti
    brenti
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. However, I must clarify.

I do not wish to change the fader. I just want to change the source on the fader without it changing the preamp.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

What comes to my mind would be to save your eq settings in a “user library file” for each channel you are working with.
    Then make your block pre-amp changes.
    After that, for each channel, recall the library file you created earlier. Make sure you select “recall pre-amp” from the recall screen as the default recall mode ignores pre-amp level.
    That should accomplish what you are looking for.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.