Change channel insert assignment after inserting DYN8

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Change channel insert assignment after inserting DYN8

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ok, so it’s only my 3rd time on the console, but I must be missing something obvious here.
    I assigned a DYN8 on insert A on a channel. Once I do that, the Insert Tab on the channel becomes the DYN8 settings screen rather than the assignment screen which is was before anything was inserted.
    I cannot figure out how to unassign the DYN8 and pick either no insert or insert something else. I tried everything I could think of, and even had a couple other techs take a look. Couldn’t find anything in the manual, so I’m stuck!
    How do you unassign an insert on a channel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

I’m on an S5000 v 1.71, but I don’t think this has changed.

With “Insert A” selected –
    Left side, middle of the Dyn8 settings it shows “Unit: XX” to indicate what unit is assigned and below that in a box is [ UNASSIGN ] which lets you remove it and go back to the normal selection screen.

Jay

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Aha! Need to select the DYN8 screen (rather than the BD4/EQ4 page) to find that. Wow. Thanks!

Profile photo of EliAudio
    EliAudio
    Participant

Hey Mr.X,

That took me about four hours to figure out too, you’re not the only one…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Coming from Yamaha/Midas/DiGiCo – there’s nothing logical about the GUI on the A&H stuff. BUT… Once you know how to do something, you never forget! (Mostly because it took you a long time to figure it out!)

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

change the delay in a Yamaha bus…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.