Change Channel Assigment?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Change Channel Assigment?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wilts Wilts 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MVProd
    MVProd
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. We’ve just upgraded our A@H GL3 to a QU32 mixer. It’s my first time using a digital mixer, so for me the learning curve is quite steep. I’m not a professional or amateur, I just help out at my church, so I was hoping to get some help with the setup.

I’ve got a mic plugged into port 1 on the stage box, connected to the console via a dSnake, and the signal is coming out on Channel 1 on the mixer as you’d expect, but I want that signal to be assigned to a different channel on the mixer. How do I change it from Channel 1 to another channel?

I’ve looked at the Youtube video’s, the guides here, but I can’t seem to find the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

See p. 16 of the PDF manual under the D-snake section.

Profile photo of MVProd
    MVProd
    Participant

Hi Dick,

Thanks I gave that a try, but The manual says that “dSNAKE inputs can be patched to channels using the Setup / I/O Patch / dSNAKE In screen”.
    Problem is that I don’t have the I/O Patch/DSnake option when I enter setup. I do have a ‘monitor’ option, which is where I thought I could make the change, but it doesn’t work.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That should work. I just did it on a QU24 assigning socket 6 to channel 20. Mic appears at both channels.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Where is my post from this am?

What firmware? Patching was only introduced in 1.7

Profile photo of Wilts
    Wilts
    Participant

Do you want to use a different channel or just a different slider? If you want to move the slider then the custom layer might be an easier option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.