Chanel Level Output

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Chanel Level Output

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Oakley Mark Oakley 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m trying to find a way to get the channel level output either via MIDI or some other mean. It would be great to have the levels output as a value of what the LEDs on the strips are displaying. Does anyone know how to accomplish that?

Thanks,
    Alexander

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t know what you mean…

Much information on this site…

iLive Series

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I think what Alexander is asking for is for the strip LED’s to show Post-Fade levels. Unfortunately, I’ve asked for the same thing, but the iLive (at present) can’t do this. It’s handy at times to see (visually) what your Post-Fade channel levels are: for example when balancing a 4-5 mics from a section (sax section, 4 part vocals, etc.) to make sure all parts are at equal level. It’s been discussed here:

Input Metering not possible Post Fader

New User

Post Fade Channel Level

If A&H wanted to they could probably add it to the software. V1.94.001?

-Mark

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant

Mix with your ears, not your eyes.

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

+ 1

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Guys; it’s not quite that easy. I do two different concert series in the summer- a total of 19 shows. Most of them are with groups I’ve never worked with before. If you have 4 people singing and one was slightly lower than the other three, could you figure out which one it was? What about a 5-piece sax section and the 2nd Alto was a little low compared to the other 4? Having some sort of Post-Fade level display is a real life saver in these situations.

I’m speaking from experience, as my previous board (Roland VM-7200- 2001 technology!) had this, and it was trivial to see at-a-glance how well the different instruments of a section were blending. I was actually surprised when I got my T-112 that it didn’t have this ability. If A&H could work it in somewhere (even iLive Editor or Mixpad) I’d be eternally grateful.

-Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.