Chaining Fx

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Chaining Fx

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BLKGHOST BLKGHOST 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

Qu-16 – Is there a way of internally chaining, eg, output of fx1 to input of fx2?

Thanks
    Dave

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

No. But you can send FX1 Ret to FX2

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Remembering that FX1 and 2 are merely internally available mixes, and so you could use another mix if available.

Also remember that the first FX unit could be used in “Channel -> Return” mode (Actually are the FX returns available in this channel list?)

BLKGHOST
    Participant

(Actually are the FX returns available in this channel list?)

Nope. Only the physical inputs so Input 1 to 16,24 or 32 and Input ST1 to ST3

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

Thanks for your replies, tried FX1 ret to FX2, and that does the job. 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi
    without me looking at my desks which I cant get to at this moment, to chain FX
    is that just a matter of assigning the rear panel to the input (front) panel of the next FX? Does that mean you could assign say FX 4 to 1 etc? hypothetically?

BLKGHOST
    Participant

Its not possible to assign another FX as input. They’re not in the lists. For Mix->Return, you only have the FX of the current FX (FX1 will only show FX1 as an input)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

ok I just dug the mixer out.
    I can not see how you do that?
    Can you explain that a little more to me?
    Sending data into an FX is clear enough but the rear wont allow me to chain to another input.?
    hmmm?

But you can send FX1 Ret to FX2

I can see on the rear out put
    Unassigned
    Insert
    Mix Return
    Channel Return
    ?

BLKGHOST
    Participant

Talking about sends on faders. Select the FX2 Mix then raise the FX1 Ret fader on the 2nd layer. Instead of sending a CH, you send the FX Ret

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks Marc
    I tired this and also other variables from other FX like driving FX3 and going to the upper layer and in a different FX and that works as well.
    I need to get my head around this now schematically or block diagram wise or in my minds eye as one would say.
    This has got me really thinking.
    Brilliant!
    cheers

dave NZ

BLKGHOST
    Participant

Just watch out for feedbacks if you send a reverb in another reverb for example

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes exactly what I was thinking.
    How did you nut this out?
    There is no mention of this in manuals….
    So is the upper layer.. is that the main bus line?
    or that dependent on which button (bus) over on the right where all of the outputs are?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ok I got this sussed now
    Same as that’s how to add rev to groups.
    Brilliant thanks

daveNZ

BLKGHOST
    Participant

an FX Return is just like any other channel carrying a wet signal (signal processed by an FX) In the analog world, I used to return the wet on regular faders instead of using the stereo returns if they used knobs. When on the LR mix, faders will act the way you know them. When you select another Mix (Mix1-10 or FX1-4), the faders will act like the Aux knobs on each channel strips on analog consoles. On the Qu’s top layer, Faders with blue leds, most of them represents the Aux knobs in the master section of an analog console.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.