CH to ALL Mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions CH to ALL Mix

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I think this is the last thing on my new SQ6 that I can’t wrap my head around. Is there a YouTube video or some detailed written instructions for using the CH to All Mix and Pre/Assign buttons? I am gonna wear these buttons out trying to get some sense of how I can use them in a predictable manner. I know! “Digital panel newbie.” Help an old guy please. 🙂

Doug

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Doug,

These are all momentary keys, so need to be held down and used with other things to affect routing.

Holding CH to All Mix shows all the sends for the currently selected channel across the fader strips. It’s the fastest way to send a single channel to multiple mixes.

Holding Assign and using the Sel keys, you can quickly assign or unassign channels from the currently selected mix.

Holding Pre and using the Sel keys you can select whether channel sends to the currently selected mix are pre or post fade.

As these are all to do with routing/sends, I would recommend looking at the mix sends in a routing page whilst having a play with these keys to see what you’re affecting.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Keith

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

OK – as we’re on the subject, I’ll repeat my future request!

CH to All Mix is very useful. Can it be added to the footswitch options please, so that I can use both hands?

Thanks.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Mark,

It’s on the list 😉

The only danger with this is when using a latching switch, as there would be no indication on the surface that you are in this mode and not just on a layer with mixes.

Cheers!
    Keith

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Thanks Keith.
    I’ve made myself a double footswitch which is non latching*, but I do see how it could be a problem.

*Really must get around to putting an LED on it though, so that I can quickly locate it in dark venues!

tourtelot
    Participant

Thanks Keith. I’ll give this a try.

Best,

Doug

tourtelot
    Participant

Great explanation, Keith. I now understand that part of my SQ6. Thanks.

Now a +1 for a foot-switch setting for CH to All Mix. In a hurry, two hands on faders would be, well, twice as fast as one hand. Looked through all the foot-switch possibilities and that would be the one that I would use in my typical situation.

Doug

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.