CDM32 and SQ5

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions CDM32 and SQ5

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kirky
    Kirky
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I recently joined the A&H ecosystem with the purchase of an SQ5 and two dx168. For most of my work, the SQ5 will do just fine, but now I just got an incredible offer for a used CDM32, which I’m thinking about taking. Now with only the CDM32, I’d need at least a C1500 or some other Fader controller to go with it (Ipad is not my preferred way of working, I need faders in my hand). Since I wouldn’t need the CDM32 that often, maybe 10x a year for some bigger jobs, I can’t justify the price for a C1500 or a high-quality fader controller to go along with it. So my question is:

Can I use the SQ5 as a fader controller for the CDM32? So this would mean I would run dLive director on my laptop and control most of CDM32 with that (eq’s, dynamics, fx, etc. etc.) and then somehow hook the SQ5 up as a controller as well and only control the CDM32’s fader with the SQ5. Is that possible? I know I can’t use the SQ5’s processing in this scenario, but is such a setup generally possible? And if yes, how exactly would I hook such a system up? CDM32 on stage and from there? How would I connect the SQ5?

Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

no it’s not possible at this time…

Profile photo of Kirky
    Kirky
    Participant

Pitty…

Can some mod then please move this in the SQ or dlive feature suggestion forum? 😉

Profile photo of Kirky
    Kirky
    Participant

To help my purchase decision: can anyone from A&H comment on wether this might happen or is even in the pipeline already, or if this is not possible and I should not hope for this to be possible in the future?

SteffenR
    Participant

you should not hope for it
    the communication protocols are quite a bit different
    and this will not be possible in the near future
    and the Director has no fader remote capability at the moment
    and I doubt that this will change

and A&H will not confirm any of their planned features until it is released… never (nearly)

on the other hand, the CDM32 is a full featured mixer without hardware UI

add a PC or MAC and you have all the power from the dLive

Profile photo of Kirky
    Kirky
    Participant

Are there any resources on how I could build my own fader wing without using the IP8? My dream setup would be a Microsoft surface with director running and something like the Behringer x-touch compact or even the new waves controller “Fit”. I just think the IP8 (or two of them if you want to go 16 faders) is waaay overpriced. I mean the waves Fit is half the price of two IP8’s and gives you arguably more. Any experiences with other fader banks than the IP8?

SteffenR
    Participant

the IP-8 connect directly to the dLive (and the AHM64) so they are not comparable with other controllers

and as mentioned above, director has no remote control support at the moment

you can use every controller that sends MIDI over TCP/IP to control the dLive directly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.