Catalina and Dante…NO

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Catalina and Dante…NO

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JS-Sound JS-Sound 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

I bought one of the new Macbook Pro’s, mostly because of the awful keyboard on the 2017 model. New keyboard is substantially better, but not like the older ones. It came, unfortunately, with Catalina. I had occasion to try and work with an M-Dante card in my dLive system tonight, and got the IP error notice on the Macbook. The system was showing the correct address for the laptop, but insisted it was in conflict with localhost (127.0.0.1). I found no help topics anywhere, so came to the conclusion it was yet another Catalina issue. I was right, blast it. My older Macbook Pro running Mojave functioned perfectly and allowed me to update the M-Dante card to the latest firmware. All that I had in the Dante network appeared correctly on Mojave. I went back to the Catalina laptop, and even with the updated VSC in place and latest firmware, it was still insistent that 127.0.0.1 was conflicting.

Audinate says they’re working on Catalina compatibility, and they have release an updated virtual soundcard, but not Dante Controller. I didn’t try it with Via, don’t like that interface and wasn’t going to buy another license.

YMMV. I’ll be running the old laptop until something changes.

Geep
    HH Audio

Profile photo of lposound
    lposound
    Participant

Hi Geep,

DVS is working great on macOS Catalina since their last compatible release (v4.1.0.8).
    On the other hand, Dante Controller is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15, as you wrote, BUT if you do not have to launch it (to modify your configuration for example), the Dante does stream with no problem from and to the macOS Catalina computer to and from the rest of your Dante network.

I did the test yesterday on my setup with no error nor issue at all:
    – CDM32 with Dante card (+ C1500)
    – MacBook Pro on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
    – MacBook Air on macOS 10.14 (Mojave)

In that setup:
    – I recognise that I do have the very same issue you have with the localhost if I open Dante Controller on my Catalina machine… turning all devices red.
    – At the opposite, opening Dante Controller on my Mojave machine shows no warning at all. Correct routing, subscriptions, latency and settings.
    – On the audio side, I can stream 32 channels from my Mojave laptop to the Dante network patched in channels on the dLive + send auxiliaries from the dLive to the Catalina laptop through Dante and get FX returns from that Catalina laptop back to the desk through Dante as well.

Best,

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Good Morning, and thank you for the update. Controller needs to work in order to set up the network in my working environment. I do mostly high school theater at several different venues, all with different setups, and I have to modify the Dante patching in each of them. Good to know that once done, I can run the new Macbook with Catalina and have it stream from Qlab OK. But that doesn’t stop the need for Controller to work properly, and I am unhappy that the Audinate folks don’t seem to think that the Mac users are important enough to get their software updated. I’ve inquired twice and the answer is the same, “we’re working on it…” Not what I wanted to hear. Catalina seems to continue to be a work in process. Thanks again for the information.

Profile photo of lposound
    lposound
    Participant

I do share your opinion 100%.
    With Controller not working on Catalina, it is a bit risky for most situations.

Audinate is always extremely slow… Shame on them 😉

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

“Dante Controller presents an IP conflict (127.0.0.0) issue for Dante software on the same machine – Mac OS Catalina (10.15)

We are aware of an issue where the Dante Controller presents an IP conflict (Dante software in RED) on Mac preventing control of DVS or Dante Via on the same machine. It is still possible to control other devices and software on the network, simply not Dante software on the same machine. To workaround this issue please run the Dante Controller on a machine that does not have the Catalina operating system installed, and configure the Dante software on Catalina through there.

We are actively investigating the issue and a fixed version is intended to be released within the next few weeks.”

🙁

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Same answer I got several months ago, with the addition of “in the next few weeks.” Shame on you Audinate. This should have been fixed LONG ago.

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

is there any news about dante controller?

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Last I checked the website a couple of days ago, the old version for Mac is still in place, despite them assuring me over a month ago that they were working on it. Way to go Audinate.

Profile photo of erniep-23
    erniep-23
    Participant

I picked up the latest MBP and installed parallels to run a virtual Windows 10. I run Dante controller through that as well as all the rest of the 32 bit programs that I need. Works great.

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant
    Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Seems, like they have pulled it again…

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant
    Profile photo of gm
    gm
    Participant

as of today I can tell you that v4253 for macOS Catalina 10.15.6 doesn’t work at all. if I move the enet plug to my MacBook Pro, configured the same way (albeit with a slightly different IP address), it Dante Controller comes right up.

I mean, how hard can it be? they’ve been working on this since December of last year??

George

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@gm

they SAY they have been working on it.
    do you know for sure they are really working on it?
    or how hard?
    with their ace coding cowboyz or some new intern?

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

Hi!
    Could you resolve these problems?
    With a Mac mini with macOS Catalina 10.15.6 it works without problems, with a MacBook Pro with USB C Ethernet Adapters it did not work in the beginning.
    The MacBook seems to pick another network interface for the controller, so you need to change it by clicking on the Network icon.
    Does it work for you as well?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.