Catalina and Dante…NO

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Catalina and Dante…NO

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geep Geep 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

I bought one of the new Macbook Pro’s, mostly because of the awful keyboard on the 2017 model. New keyboard is substantially better, but not like the older ones. It came, unfortunately, with Catalina. I had occasion to try and work with an M-Dante card in my dLive system tonight, and got the IP error notice on the Macbook. The system was showing the correct address for the laptop, but insisted it was in conflict with localhost (127.0.0.1). I found no help topics anywhere, so came to the conclusion it was yet another Catalina issue. I was right, blast it. My older Macbook Pro running Mojave functioned perfectly and allowed me to update the M-Dante card to the latest firmware. All that I had in the Dante network appeared correctly on Mojave. I went back to the Catalina laptop, and even with the updated VSC in place and latest firmware, it was still insistent that 127.0.0.1 was conflicting.

Audinate says they’re working on Catalina compatibility, and they have release an updated virtual soundcard, but not Dante Controller. I didn’t try it with Via, don’t like that interface and wasn’t going to buy another license.

YMMV. I’ll be running the old laptop until something changes.

Geep
    HH Audio

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.