CAT6 maximum length

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions CAT6 maximum length

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Ok I was having trouble posting but not sure how it double posted.
    It was actually over 425 feet, sorry didn’t think to plug in my 150′ duracat to take it well over 500, maybe next time. I am curious now.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The main stagebox acts as a switch, so the lengths reset for the expander.

This supports the theory of collision domain based limits defining the 100m limit, and that his wouldn’t matter for dSnake, because it’s not a collision domain.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Yes @andreas I do have another duracat that is either 100 or 150 feet long, also I have a couple 50 foot regular cat5 patch cables for variety.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Well finally got the system up and running. The CAT 6 shielded run turned out about 250′ and then the Jackreel cable is 100′ So at approx 350′ it seems to work ok. I have only tried 1 mic so far so haven’t strained it with multiple I/O. Will know more when we setup their first show.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I don’t imagine that the actual audio makes a blind bit of difference

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Not the audio content but several dozen RF emitting devices (i.e. mobile phones) may make a difference. But 350′ shouldn’t be an issue at all (dSnake on AR2412 is still specified for 120m/400′).

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I hope so. This is an AB168 but in theory should act the same. I plan to borrow a Fluke meter that reports cable length and test it. My tester doesn’t do that.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.