Cat connection Log

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Cat connection Log

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gab
    Gab
    Participant

I’d love to see a log on how often a network connection to stageboxes was established since the board was switched on. would help to see if the cat connection is stable.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Gab,

Unfortunately, there are no logs on SQ as it doesn’t have a real time clock. However, we aren’t aware of any connection issues with stage boxes on the latest firmware (1.2).

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

I’d never thought that this day and age a mixer could come without a clock… Before I buy an SQ, please tell me what other standard harware features you omitted to save money, so I can invest properly.

Profile photo of Gab
    Gab
    Participant

thx alexs! i wasnt suggesting that its a general problem with sq. when i travel around with bands we often come into venues where there is an existing cat cable from foh to stage already, but i never know if their cables work properly. id just love to see if there were any dropouts so that i can see if i should use my own cabling ( which of course i would like to avoid; more work and hard to get out if theres a dj after the bands and people are still there etc). some simple warning that there was an interruption in the connection would suffice. i use to set up the mixer and stagebox before the band, and while doing the bandmicing i could see if there where any problems with the network.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Jens… feel free to buy a different mixer…
    all your standard features are available on other devices…

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

hmm, nice answer in a manucafturer forum to suggest to switch to another “Marktbegleiter”;-)

But back to topic. It would be anyway a good feature to have some monitoring on error states like problems with the sync to the stageboxes. And if there is the possibility to reset that counters individually this would be the cherry on the top.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Steffen R.: Thanks for your advice. You can keep using gear that won’t tell you where the problems are and where basic features are missing without even an acknowledgement by the manufacturer THAT they are missing and will come without even thinking about saying something about it.
    And of course it’s absolutely no doublestandard that have a biiiig list of things you want on the dLive, but criticism by others on A&H products, that’s a no go. Got it, thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.