Cat-5 Connectivity

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Cat-5 Connectivity

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Derik Derik 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Derik
    Derik
    Participant

I know the qu-pad app for the Qu-24 can connect to a wireless router if a cat 5 cable is connected to the cat5 port on each device. However, this is via the wireless access point’s radio only and not done over the internet. If we connect the board to a cat5 cable that is on our entire church network, (not using the standalone router’s radio but using actual wi-fi) can the qu-pad app connect through our wireless access points throughout our building? We have one AP where the soundboard is, it’s connected to the internet switch for all of our network.

Or is using a non-internet enabled router (access point) and connecting it to the board via a cat5 cable the only way to go?

We should technically be able to connect to the board since it has it’s own ip address, and can be statically assigned as well.

Thanks for your help!

Derik

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Derik,

That should work just fine, provided there are no security restrictions on the network e.g. a firewall might block some TCP ports and might need custom configuration to enable port forwarding.

Assuming you have a DHCP server on your network, you should be able to leave the Qu-24 on its default setting (DHCP On).

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I have done that very thing at some installations where I put in a QU mixer.
    In those cases I needed to set up the mixer with a static IP that was supplied from the IT department and give them the MAC address for the mixer.

Putting the mixer on your churches in house network will save you from needing to the change WIFI network you connect to.

Profile photo of Derik
    Derik
    Participant

Thanks so much. We will be using a static IP. We have a loaner QU-24 we are using now from our retailer. Once the board comes back from A&H we should be good to go. (Had a display that was flickering, & hopefully A&H will be able to troubleshoot and fix).

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.