Case for QU24 with 4U rack space

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Case for QU24 with 4U rack space

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thezoots
    thezoots
    Participant

I am looking for a case to use for a QU24 with 4U case space (for 4 x Shure PSM300 transmitters and two microphone recievers)

I use the mixer with my party band The Zoots. The Zoots perform at weddings and parties so it needs to be a case that is quick to set up and doesn’t take up too much space.

Can anyone help?

Jamie Goddard

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Hi Jamie,
    first, welcome to this forum!
    As far as I am convinced, there is no such thing as a single case for your Qu24 mixer and 19″ racks for all your other gear. If you were talking about a QU16 which is a rack mountable mixer then that is possible, and heck anything is possible, but personally I would never want a single case to house all that stuff.

Your Qu should be in a separate case. I understand you want to take off one lid and have virtually everything already connected.
    A Q-Pac or Mackie DL32R would be far more practical to me.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve seen non 19″ cases with 2 or 3 rack spaces in an extra tall dog box, but I’m sure they’d have been custom built, and it tends to make for a very big case.

I’m quite tempted to get an AR84 to put in my radio rack, which would cut cables down – if it had a dSnake through connection, I would have done so by now. But with only 4 outputs, that’s probably not going to work for you anyway.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d agree that a 24 wants a dSnake in most applications (I wonder how much cheaper a Qu16d/24d which only had the ST inputs locally, and the ALT-outs locally would/could be)

Add in possible speaker processors or amps, and there is a pretty sane rack there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.