Cascade SQ from DX168

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Cascade SQ from DX168

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of StratKat
    StratKat
    Participant

I’ve searched but have not found this topic discussed elsewhere.

Our system uses an SQ-5 with an SLink card. One SLink port is connected to an ME-1 monitor system and the other SLink port is connected to a single DX168. All of this works well.

We also happen to have a second SQ-5 available to us. My question: is it possible to use the second SQ-5 as an expander for the DX168? The idea is to connect to the second port on the DX168, set the DX168’s switch to “cascade” mode, use the second SQ-5 to control its own mic preamps, and use tie lines to connect those audio channels back to the “primary” SQ-5. Is this possible, and if so are there any caveats or limitations?

If that’s not possible we can always cascade the second SQ-5 in the analog realm, patching its analog output to a couple of DX168 inputs. But of course we’d prefer to tie them all together digitally.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that’s not going to work.

I think you’ll need to have an SLink Card in each SQ, and connect them directly to each other. Then one can connect one SQ to your DX168, and the other to the ME system using their second Slink ports.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.