Can't copy libraries

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Can't copy libraries

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Hello,

I copy my desired libraries from mac to usb, i plug usb to my qu16, the mixer recognise and i can see the libraries on the screen but i can’t copy them to the mixer. I’m pressing “to Qu” but nothing happens.

Please your help!!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Per the instructions in THE MANUAL, you have to touch the individual library file to highlight it, THEN touch “to Qu”. You will move the files one at a time. If you have not been selecting (highlighting) them to move you must do so before trying to move them.

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

I’m selecting the individual file and then I press to qu and nothing happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Rees
    Participant

Did you format the USB stick on your Qu before loading the files onto it? Are the files compatible with the Qu?

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Yes the USB is properly formatted and the files downloaded from Allen Heath qu library from this site. The files are shown in the USB on mixer but can’t copy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Any help???

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

I can transfer libraries from qu16 to usb but not the opposite.
    Firmware: 1.82

I’m trying to transfer shure pro factory presets from A&H website.
    The usb is properly formatted!

Dick Rees
    Participant

Try a fresh download. Sometimes these things get glitchy in the transfer…

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

I downloaded the files 3 times!! I am very disapointed!

Dick Rees
    Participant

There has to be an explanation and when found, it will seem simple.

Question:

You say you can transfer files from the console to the USB stick. When you look at the stick, where is the file? Can it be re-loaded to the console? Does the file transferred from the console and the downloaded file share a location? Are they to be found in the same folder?

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Example:
    I saved a PEQ PRESET user1. I can copy user1 to stick, and then re-copy the user1 from stick to mixer. The file saved at library folder on stick.
    I am deleting all files from library folder and i copy to stick all shure presets downloaded from a&h website.
    The mixer reads the stick i can see the preset files stored in qu drive but when i press “to qu” nothing happens

Dick Rees
    Participant

I started checking out the availability of downloads vis a vis Firmware versions and at first glance it would seem you need to update to V1.9.

“V1.90 is a feature release of Qu mixers firmware.[B] It adds support of Qu-SB, ProFactory Library presets for industry standard Shure and Sennheiser microphones, [/B] various enhancements to the Qu-Pad iPad app, and support of the new Qu-Control iOS app. Please read the Release Notes and Firmware Update Instructions before downloading the firmware.”

Perhaps someone at A&H can confirm this.

Anyway, updating to 1.9 has worked for me. I came all the way from V1.5!

Dick Rees
    Participant
    Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Thanks Dick for your feedback.

Finally i updated to 1.9 and the problem solved, but anyway i don’t find that solution either logical or practical. For example if i am ok with 1.6 that practical forces me to update to the latest firmware.

Thanks again.

Dick Rees
    Participant

It is a simple matter. If you desire a feature which has been provided as an update/upgrade in a new firmware your choice is either do not update and do without the new feature or update and use the desired feature. You cannot have it both ways and the update costs you nothing except the time required to download and install.

This is simply the reality of the process of adding (free) features to your existing equipment. That you find it illogical and impractical makes no difference. If you have a problem with the reality of the situation or reality itself I suggest you seek professional help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.