Can't connect to iLive Editor wirelessly with MacBook Pro Retina

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Can't connect to iLive Editor wirelessly with MacBook Pro Retina

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pngaudioguy pngaudioguy 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of federico
    federico
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I’ve always used my iDR32 wirelessly with an Apple Extreme and a MacBook Pro with iLive Editor installed.

Since I’ve upgrade my laptop to a new MacBook Pro with retina display and OSX Mavericks, the iLive Editor (updated to v. 1.94 as well as iDR’s firmware) can’t connect to my iDR32. If I connect the laptop with an ethernet cable, I’m able to operate the iDR but the connection isn’t reliable as before (sometimes it disconnects).

I had the chance to test the system with an older MacBook Pro with OSX Mountain Lion and my new Mac at the same time. The older one worked flawlessly but I wasn’t able to connect with the newest one.

Is there any known issue with OSX Mavericks or Retina Mac Book Pros?

Thank you.

federico
    Participant

bump.

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem did you ever find a fix

federico
    Participant

The only way to connect to the iDR is to input its IP Address (usually 192.168.1.1) in the window “Select Mix Rack” but, as I said, the connection isn’t reliable as in OS X Mountain Lion.

Profile photo of pngaudioguy
    pngaudioguy
    Participant

This sounds silly, but what is showing up in the DNS entry of your computer settings? I’ve found with the iPad on newer iOS’es that leaving it blank causes all kinds of connection issues. Presumably you’re just on a standalone Wi-Fi that doesn’t connect to the WAN, right? Try putting in 0.0.0.0 instead of blank. That’s cleared it up for me with the iPad, and I’m guessing similar network things have been put into their computer OS as their tablet OS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.