Can’t add delay to MTX mixes on Director software

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Can’t add delay to MTX mixes on Director software

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paul V Paul V 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pointblake
    Pointblake
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using director software (no surface) with DLive and I’m trying to delay some of my matrix mixes for time alignment. When I select the matrix I want to delay and go into processing>delay on that mtx the delay doesn’t let me change it. It says ON underneath the MS # but I can’t seem to figure out how to adjust the MS on that mtx.

Is there a lock feature that is not letting me change it ?

Thank you

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

No lock feature.
    You should click or touch on the digits hold and move the cursor to change parameters.

Pointblake
    Participant

Can’t seem to adjust delay. The DLive software doesn’t let me adjust time.

SteffenR
    Participant

Computer specs?

Pointblake
    Participant

Running a Windows 11 surface pro with director software.

Pointblake
    Participant

I just updated my mixrack firmware to the newest and I still cannot add delay to my matrix sends. This is a big issue for me as I am only using director software to run my show. I have included a screenshot of the panel I’m talking about.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And how exactly are you trying to change the values?

Profile photo of Jem
    Jem
    Participant

Hi Pointblake,

I just tried adjusting the matrix delay values in Director and it’s working fine here for me, latest version of Director on Windows 10 3XS laptop. The screenshot you posted is the correct place to make those changes. You should be able to left click on the value and then drag to adjust. If that’s not working, check you’re on the latest version of Director, and/or try installing Director on a different laptop and see if it works there, as it could be something specific to your computer. Best of luck.

SteffenR
    Participant

He uses his fingers to change the values… it’s a touch device.
    Does it work as expected on inputs or other mixes?

Profile photo of TuomasY
    TuomasY
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue using Director as surface. The delay time setting is very coarse 0,15,30,46,61… i need it to work 1,2,3,4…
    It doesn’t matter if I,m in sample,ms,feet or meter range.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

There is a beta version of the app Mixing Station. You might want to look in to using it instead of Director. I find that using a touchscreen with Director to make the numeric changes very hard. The numbers change too rapidly and you’ll spend way longer than you should getting the number to exactly what you want. The Mixing Station app must use different velocity settings because it is much easier to dial in the correct number with this app vs the Director app. Full disclosure – my usage has been on an Avantis, but I assume it works the same on the DLive beta version too.

It may be that the delay settings actually work on the Mixing Station app too!

Profile photo of TuomasY
    TuomasY
    Participant

I’m using the built in trackpad from an Macbook Pro M1Pro. I lovered the trackpad sensitivity to slowest, but that didn’t make any difference.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

@brian Mixing Station for dLive is no longer in beta. It is fully supported now.

Profile photo of Paul V
    Paul V
    Participant

+1 would greatly appreciate the ability for 0.01ms adjustments of delay times in the director software.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.