Can you reassign DCAs on SQ?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Can you reassign DCAs on SQ?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sxyn Sxyn 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sxyn
    Sxyn
    Participant

When I recently worked with SQ5 I thought it would be good to have one fader to control mutiple channels, so I started informing about DCAs.
    At some point I wondered if you could change the layer and fader your DCA is lokated.

For example, your DCAs are lokated on Ip 30-38 and you want to put them to Ip 3, 5, 9,…

I found no explaination in the manual or any tutorial, so I´m asking here:

Is it possible to change the fader of a DCA, and if so, how?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In the processing or routing screen you can assign any channels to any of the 8 DCA groups in any combination.

The DCA master faders can be placed in any of the operation layers.

The layer that a DCA fader is assigned to has nothing to do with the channels or mixes
    that are controlled by that DCA.

Profile photo of Sxyn
    Sxyn
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, I know how DCAs work, but I couldn‘t figure out, how to reassign the DCA-Master to another fader. Can you give a more detailed explanation of how to assign the masters?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Rather than writing a lot here, have a look at section 12.1, on page 69 of the reference guide.

By luck, the picture there actually shows a DCA being added to a new location.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Apply DCA masters to the fader layers is the same process as assigning any input channel ect. to a fader on a layer.

Go to the set up strip surface menu, pick the layer you want, pick the control you want to assign to the layer control fader and drag and drop them into place.

Profile photo of Sxyn
    Sxyn
    Participant

I think I got it now, thanks a lot for your quick help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.