Can QU24 be set for no password? and other questions

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Can QU24 be set for no password? and other questions

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hawaiian Drummer Hawaiian Drummer 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I have found all the Kingston Data Traveler series to work and the Sandisk Extreme 3.
    Though I did read here someplace that someone had trouble with a new Sandisk Extreme 3
    and had a theory that Sandisk changed their parts source.

I found those that work for me and focus on bigger more important issues in the world
    of live audio productions.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

Lots of people say many things many times. Does make them true.

Like @guyburns noted, we have not had significant problems with usb memory sticks on PCS,
    but have had a lot of problems with the Qu.

Why they have hardware , or more likely driver issues, with the Qu is unknown.
    Better documentation would have helped.
    But it is misleading which is why I first got the biggest fastest usb3s that I could.
    What it really likes is smallish usb2 memory sticks.

I know no other product with a user generated database of memory sticks that might work listed.
    So this seems like an AH faux pas, which should not have happened, no matter how well the rest of the device works.

Profile photo of rope5
    rope5
    Participant

My bandmate and I have a QU16 of which I am the main operator. He put in a password when purchased but it is long and when mixing from ipad and I deviate from Q app to a lyric app, it askes for the password everytime you return to the Q app page. Very annoying and disrupts flow of the set. Is there a way to run the QU 16 without a password or to change the password to a smaller one?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

My bandmate and I have a QU16 of which I am the main operator. He put in a password when purchased but it is long and when mixing from ipad and I deviate from Q app to a lyric app, it askes for the password everytime you return to the Q app page. Very annoying and disrupts flow of the set. Is there a way to run the QU 16 without a password or to change the password to a smaller one?

Yes, using the admin password you can go in and change or remove any of the passwords.

Profile photo of Hawaiian Drummer
    Hawaiian Drummer
    Participant

Aloha, I just saw this old post… as to set with no password. Easy to do, let’s say set basic user to log in with no password simply press enter then reconfirm pressing enter, now any one can log in to basic user with out a password by just pressing enter and they are in, and can control faders and mutes. This should work for admin also unless there already was a password then that has to be entered first and then reset to no password as described above. Note of caution stick to basic users with no password so no major unwanted changes would be made.
    David

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.