Can I store/recall Virtual Soundcheck status in a scene?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Can I store/recall Virtual Soundcheck status in a scene?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sound Guy Jeff Sound Guy Jeff 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sound Guy Jeff
    Sound Guy Jeff
    Participant

Greetings,

I’m wondering if I can store/recall Virtual Soundcheck status within a scene. I have “Virtual Soundcheck” scoped to recall within my recall filters however switching between scenes does not change its status. Is this possible?

I’d like to make a scene to allow me to pop into virtual soundcheck in the headphones pre-show while house music is going.

Jeff

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I haven’t tried it, sorry.

Out of curiosity, why? I don’t think that’s how VSC is designed to be used, but this is the first board I’ve used that has the capability, so maybe I’m just unaware of all the ways that people use it.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

How do you want to handle output routing for that situation? VSC only takes care of input routing in the first place….
    As far as I understand your request, it will only work, if your mix ends in a group, that could be muted to the stereo bus and pfled while the walk in music is running.

But anyways. I don’t use a scene for switching to VSC, but the VSC tab on input page.

Sound Guy Jeff
    Participant

Output routing is all taken care of via scene recall with the “output” sectioned scoped in the recall filter. I was just wanting to literally change the status of virtual soundcheck between “on” and “off” via scene switching. It doesn’t appear this is a feature.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I have a similar issue, but not really. I want to be able to pass the Virtual Sound check inputs to the Tie Lines, but apparently that doesn’t work. So it looks like I may have to have a scene and manually remap all of my inputs depending on the situation and bypass Virtual Soundcheck altogether. Sucks because inputs change all the time, so it will be a lot of remapping, but doing that might work for what you are wanting.

Sound Guy Jeff
    Participant

Hey Chris, You can use virtual soundcheck for your monitor console. That’s how I’m using it. Just make a scene that tie lines all your virtual soundcheck inputs over to your monitor console inputs. It works well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.