Can I mirror channels in multiple mixes

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Can I mirror channels in multiple mixes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nav Nav 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robschool
    Robschool
    Participant

Hi folks,
    PLease help me out!

I want to mirror all the faders on L + R mix and mix 5-6. So if I were to move the slider for channel one L+R, the same applies to mix 5 – 6 however, I want the main slider to track the L + R mix at a slightly lower volume, suggestions?

Many thanks
    ROb

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

If you’re not on a Qu-16, you can use groups (with the same assigns as LR) to achieve this.

Failing that, you can set all sources to post fader, and bring the mix 5-6 sends up to 0dB to emulate a group. Bear in mind that using this method, pan/balance will not automatically follow LR like it would in a group.

DC

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

I want the main slider to track the L + R mix at a slightly lower volume, suggestions?

Assign LR and mx5-6 in a DCA and .. that s all 🙂

Or assign mix5-6 & main LR in a matrix (and use the matrix output)

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If all you want is to have an exact copy of L+R, but with an extra volume control then the ALT OUT is able to do this – it’s sort of what it’s there for. Or (if you’re not on a Qu-16), then the Matrix outputs could be used which would give you extra processing on that output if you wanted it.

If you do need control of each channel’s relative level though, then do what DavidCo said “…set all sources to post fader, and bring the mix 5-6 sends up to 0dB…” only bring all Mix 5&6 faders to -<something> as required.

Profile photo of Robschool
    Robschool
    Participant

Thank you so much for reading my post and responding folks.

Fab, that sounds terribly complicated to my virginal QU16 eyes! I havn’t encountered Matrix or DCA… wouls you be willing to baby step me through that?

The ALT out would be great, but unforunatley I’m stuck with XLR this week (actually in the middle of nowhere in a country not known for being able to get a hold of quality sound equipment quickly!)

So, If I put the sliders for my “magix mix” (5-6) all to post fader, moving the sliders on the L+R mix will affect this?
    I will still be able to create a monitor mix (7-8 for example) and keep these pre-fader so I can adjust individual levels?
    Failing ths if someone can link me to the matrix (is there a thread?) I will follow the while rabbit!
    Thank you everyone
    Rob

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

No matrices on the 16.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Profile photo of Nav
    Nav
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a QU24 and I was looking to do a similar thing however I would like to mirror mix outputs exactly as the main LR mix. So I want channel volumes, channel processing such as eq and main mix level to follow the LR mix. Is this possible?

What I have done so far… I have LR mix set to my desired settings. I have an output on mix outputs 2,3,4 and 9-10. I have set all faders in these mixes to 0db and set to post fade. Is there anyway when I am in LR mix to have my mix outputs follow any changes I make in LR mix including the master fade, so it also turns up or down the volume in all mix outputs?

Hope that made sense.

Nav

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.