Can I link channels in a mix on QU-Pad like you can on QU-you?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Can I link channels in a mix on QU-Pad like you can on QU-you?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mbirame Mbirame 7 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

I really like how on the QU-you app you can select several channels and have them all linked to one volume slider wheel thing. And then you can have four slider wheels.

Is there a way on the QU-pad or qu-pac to link arbitrary channels for use in quickly getting multi mic’ed instruments set up in monitor mixes?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Yes. Not like the QuYou, but yes…

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

How?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I’d guess DCA… 😉

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

I don’t see how a DCA can work in this way. From what I can tell a DCA can not be controlled individually for each mix out can it? I don’t have the board here with me but I’m not getting it to work in demo mode that way on qu-pad.

Dick Rees
    Participant

Mbira…

I don’t mean to be rude, but the answers to your frequent questions are all to be found in the manual. For the long run, may I sincerely suggest you sit down with the console, an iPad and THE MANUAL and familiarize yourself with the capabilities of the hardware and software. I’m invoking the “give a man a fish/teach a man to fish” parable here.

Good luck.

PS

You’ll need one DCA (or more) for each Mix…

I don’t own a 32 channel core device, but there are likely other options besides the DCA’s. Can you guess what routing/control options might let you deal with groups of channels?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That’s not really going to do the same. You can’t use a DCA to adjust levels in individual mixes without others being changed as well.

Not too sure what Dick’s idea is.

You can run Qu-You on an iPad, along side QU-Pad, which may be the best way, if you like that way of working.

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Thanks for not trying to be rude….dick.

Dick Rees
    Participant

OK. You’re on your own.

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

You can run Qu-You on an iPad, along side QU-Pad, which may be the best way, if you like that way of working.

That’s what I was thinking might be the easiest way. I could run a mix on the ipad, and use a couple of iphones here for a few more groups then switch the mix out, rinse, and repeat. it’s funny that they have such a useful feature on the free qu-you app but not (from what I can tell) on the qu-pac itself.

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

OK. You’re on your own.

Well thankfully there are more people in the world than you. 😉

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

You’ll need one DCA (or more) for each Mix…

As stated above DCAs won’t work for individual mixes.

Can you guess what routing/control options might let you deal with groups of channels?

I see that you didn’t actually read my question. I am not trying to reroute anything. Things are all routed as needed (including all the group channels all being spoken for). What I was wondering was if-like in the qu-you app-there is a way to link channel faders.

Maybe if you took an extra minute reading the questions instead of assuming people are stupid then your replies will be more relevant and helpful.

Sorry to drag this forum down to this level everyone else. I do what I can to try and figure things out on my own as best as possible and I hope that some of the things that I have figured out over the last couple years and posted has maybe helped others in some way. Take care.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.