Can I get an iOS 8 compatible mixpad app please!

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Can I get an iOS 8 compatible mixpad app please!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Neakmenter Neakmenter 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Hey guys, I don’t want to update my iPad to ios9. It is perfectly stable and fast running Ios8 with all my other desk remote apps…

The mixpad app on the apple AppStore says it now requires ios9… The offline version downloads fine, but the actual online app won’t even download!

Is it not possible to provide backwards comparability here?

Hope this is an oversight not a technical requirement! 🙂

Thanks,
    Neak

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Neak,

MixPad V1.94 was released specifically to address a compatibility issue with iOS 9. However if you search for MixPad on the App Store on iOS 8 (or lower) you should still be able to download the latest compatible version (V1.93).

Hope this helps
    Nic

Neakmenter
    Participant

Hi Nic. Thanks for the very rapid response!
    I’m afraid that the App Store doesn’t offer the “last compatible version” like it usually does for most apps. It simply insists that “This application requires IOS 9.0 or later – you must update to IOS 9.0 in order to download and use this application” – it doesn’t offer any other options!

Has A&H actively removed the 1.93 version from the store?

Bizarrely, the “mixpad offline” app does download fine.

This is on iPad Mini 2 32GB with IOS 8.4.1

@neakmenter

If you acquired MixPad when an older version was the current version and you are now unable to see the previous versions please drop us an email at support@allen-heath.com with details so we can investigate further.

If you have only recently acquired MixPad then unfortunately you won’t be able to see previous versions by default.

There is however a workaround published by a 3rd party here which should allow you to access older versions of the app:
    https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/support/advice-and-articles/app-store-downloading-older-versions-of-apps-ios

I hope this helps.

Neakmenter
    Participant

Excellent work guys!

It was indeed the first “purchase” download of the app for me.

This fix works for me – purchase the app on iTunes, then go to download on the iPad – it does indeed offer the “last compatible version” for my particular IOS version.

Thankyou very much for your rapid responses!

Neak.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.