Can I copy Qu-pad Customs1-3 to Qu-pac?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Can I copy Qu-pad Customs1-3 to Qu-pac?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I’m new and just got my qu-pac mixer.
    Is it possible to store the three custom screens from qu-pad on the qu-pac in a show?

Also, must I shut down the qu-pac In order to pull out usb stick?
    Thanks,
    Alex

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You at least need to stop the recording and wait for it to finish up access..

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

When there is no recording or saving going on, it’s ok to pull it out?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Always been OK for me. I use one for 2 track playback & another for recording, so quite often need to swap during a show.

Qu-Pac has only the one custom layer which is, at the moment, different from the 3 in the app and you can’t copy from one to another.

I’d love to be able to store the custom layers of the iPad either in the desk or in the iPad.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Great. That’s good to know. Have you ever had a accidental shutdown where the power goes off? What happens? I am not game to try it but would love to know what happens during a gig. Wondering if it would be useful to buy a USP ??

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Never regret to drag a UPS in my setup and source stagebox and FOH from the same secured AC line.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Well, if you’re recording, then a loss of power mucks that up (though there are ways of retrieving the files, it’s not guaranteed) and of course it all goes quiet! When the power comes back, the desk reboots to the state it was in before – and you need to log in again before you can control anything, which is a bit of a pain. You may want to turn the amps down/off before the desk comes back on.

I don’t have a UPS usually (I have borrowed one when making an important recording) – I recon if all the power goes, it’s going quiet anyway, and the risk of only the desk losing power is very small. If I lived in a country with less reliable power, or did many more festivals, then maybe I’d get one.

Edit – Just to say that the bit about other countries was not aimed at you Andreas, you posted while I was writing this. I’m sure you power supply is even more reliable than ours. 🙂

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Even when you’re recording to a notebook which stays alive when the desk goes off, you may run into problems to get online again. Its like plugging out the USB cable while recording, it may be necessary to restart the DAW and/or your PC/Mac in order to continue operation. Additional steps which you do not need in such a situation.
    From my experience I’d also suggest a UPS if there are other “creative” people on stage (like musicians, stagehands etc.)… 😉
    Edit: When my UPS had to go active, the cause was never the mains. Indeed, power supply in Germany is rather solid, but we have leakage detectors everywhere which may trip easily when using “odd” gear.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I was at a gig with a ${expletive} sound limiter which just cut the mains.

I have lots of short files, which are all OK – but the gig was not enhanced by the presence of the (massively aggressive) limiter.

What’s worse is that it was in a converted barn, at least a mile from anyone else in any direction – what kind of problems did they have with neighbours to have to have that installed?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Such a limiter is called a fuse, right? 😉

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Unfortunately not – various places (generally ones that have had bad relations with their neighbours) get ordered to install limiters.

Mic in the ceiling, naive measurement of spl – all power to room gets cut on excursion.

I’ve had one that triggered as soon as the drummer started – even with lighter sticks and dampers on all the drums.
    I’ve got one venue that is happy to let me turn it off and not take the mick.
    This one was insane – not only was it at a really low volume, but it was also in the middle of bloomin’ nowhere, and not exactly late at night either. Grr…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.