Can an SQ5 control the overall output level of the ME-1

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Can an SQ5 control the overall output level of the ME-1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KenM
    KenM
    Participant

I am new to the ME-1. I am wanting the musicians to control their own monitor mixes (wedges), but want to have control over the output level on the SQ in case there is feedback. With the SQ4You app I can do that. Can the SQ ME setup be for post faders, or aux channels?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the ME devices are separate mixers
    you just provide the input signals (tailored to the needs) to this mixer

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

With an ME unit connected to stage monitor you would not have any control
    of the stage monitor levels.

You can assign any channel, group or mix/aux to the ME channels, with groups or mixes you would still have control of those at the mixer.

Yes giving musicians direct control of could be dangerous.

Profile photo of KenM
    KenM
    Participant

I am settled on giving the musicians iPad Mini’s with the SQ4You app. I tried previously using smart phones with the app. The musicians did not use it much. I believe the small display was the issue. My hope is that A&H gives the app 8 channels. That would take care of most everything.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I am settled on giving the musicians iPad Mini’s with the SQ4You app. I tried previously using smart phones with the app. The musicians did not use it much. I believe the small display was the issue. My hope is that A&H gives the app 8 channels. That would take care of most everything.

The app can be set up to control the monitor mix/aux of every channel on the mixer if needed and you can assign the channels to the “thumbwheel” groups by input type
    if you want to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.