C3500 – Using a mouse

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions C3500 – Using a mouse

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msteel msteel 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterJames
    PeterJames
    Participant

Hi,

Can a mouse be plugged in and used on a C3500 console? Will it work across both screens?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

On the S5000, the mouse only does anything on the external screen.

Although, come to think of it, I’ve never tried disconnecting my external screen… maybe the mouse shows up on the builtin screens if there isn’t an external one?

Profile photo of PeterJames
    PeterJames
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. We are seeking to purchase a new console and C3500 is top of the list. We have not used a touch screen for mixing before and are used to a mouse (Avid SC48).
    I guess the next step is to demo one and try these things out.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

This is how it works on C2500 (which has only one screen, so not sure how it translates to C3500):

If the external screen is mirrored, then the mouse pointer shows up on both screens, and works on both. But of course you only have the one view available.
    If the external screen is not mirrored, then the mouse works only on the external screen.

The keyboard, on the other hand, is available any time there is a field that accepts typing, no matter which screen it is on.
    Since there is only one USB port on the C2500, connecting both requires a USB hub.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.