C3500 Touch Screen

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting C3500 Touch Screen

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mraiff
    mraiff
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I have a C3500 which has been installed in a theater for about 2 weeks now.
    Last night, the left touch screen stopped responding. It still displays as normal, but I’m not able to interact with it via touch.

I tried reloading the 1.70 firmware, but that didn’t help.

Any ideas? We are in load-in going into tech, so this is a pressing issue for me!

Thanks!

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

I’m not representing A&H, just so you know. To me this is a hardware failure, otherwise it would have worked after a cold restart or at least after reloading the firmware. Connect a mouse via USB to replace the touch function for the show.

Profile photo of mraiff
    mraiff
    Participant

I’ve tried using a mouse, but it only registers on the right screen, not the left. And I can’t do a hard reset, as to do that, you have to press a button on the left screen.

Profile photo of mraiff
    mraiff
    Participant

Also, when the surface is turning on, it sits in pure white screens for about 90 seconds before showing the dLive splash screen and connecting to the mix rack. I don’t remember it taking so long until yesterday.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

No mouse on the left screen? That sucks, I’m sorry. Then maybe a computer connected via LAN with director running could be of help.

As for the long boot my guess would be that the system waits for the touchscreen driver to report the touch working, which it doesn’t.

You could try to lift up the surface and give it a good shake while turned off and try again. This is of course no professional advice, but something I do to see if things come back to life, only for checking purposes. If it works then, it can’t be too bad, but it could happen again any time…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.