C3500 Audio Sync Lock error

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting C3500 Audio Sync Lock error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RuneS RuneS 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Luuk
    Luuk
    Participant

hello,

I’m trying to connect my C3500 to my mixrack trough 2 Network switches with a Fibertrunk.
    everything seems to be working Ok, except the surface shows “Audio Sync Lock” is missing.

i seem to have full control over the mixrack, nog lag or anything. audio also seems to work without problems. no audible clicks, distortion or anything like that. even on a higher channel count (about 60 simultaneous) no problems are showing.

the strange thing is, if i replace the fibertrunk with a Copper one, the “Audio Sync Lock” is fine.

is there anyone who has experienced this problem, and knows how to fix it ?
    OR does anyone know what could happen if i keep it without the “Audio Sync Lock” ?
    every bit of advise is welcome.

i’m using:
    C3500
    2x TP Link Jetstream T1700G 28TQ
    2x TP Link TXM431-SR SFP+ Module’s
    CDM64

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

My 1st question is why are you having to route your mix rack link thru switches. Not recommended.

Profile photo of Luuk
    Luuk
    Participant

it’s because i want to run it over a fiber connection alongside a few other network connections (speaker management etc.) and it’s way more cost effective than the FiberACE option. so it allows me to run a single fiber to the FOH instead of 2 separate fibers.

it’s something that should be perfectly fine according to this documentation.
    https://support.allen-heath.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1152

so it might not be specifically recommended, it’s also not specifically NOT recommended. if that makes any sense 😉

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Luuk, have you read this thread, some detailed info, may or may not help.

Console to Mixrack through a switch

Profile photo of Luuk
    Luuk
    Participant

Yes i’ve read that one.

I actually used that thread to get it working as far as i have 😉

But thanks anyway

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

I’m not familiar with how clocking is handled in gigaACE. Do we know if it uses PTP or PTPv2?
    How about multicast? IGMP snooping?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.