c2500 – "internal touch screen error." Anybody experienced this?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting c2500 – "internal touch screen error." Anybody experienced this?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #63252

    Hey folks!

    We’ve been doing some testing on the new dLive rig we’ll be swapping out for our current VENUE system in a couple weeks. One of my colleagues managed to crash the c2500 last night. He reported, “I was poking about in some menus. Faders and mix buttons etc still worked, but the screen went black, only mouse x was visible and the screen control buttons were locked out.” He had to power cycle the unit to get it working properly again.

    He was not able to get the desk to reproduce the error. I’ve had about 30 hours playing with the c2500 now, and have not experienced any kind of weirdness, but this is absolutely disconcerting. When I go to history there is a message about a, “touch screen internal error.”

    Has anyone else had this experience, and more importantly: any ideas what might have caused that to happen?

    Thanks for your insight!

    #63283
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

    no problems so far on my C2500

    #63285

    Hi all,

    Could you fire us an email at support@allen-heath.com with your log files attached we’ll look into that for you.

    You can copy the logs to a USB drive in the history screen.

    Jack

    #63286

    Thanks guys!

    I think I found the problem. It looks like the c2500 had been set up with an incompatible iP address by way of someone setting it to DHCP; the Mixrack was set to static. C2500 was only connected to mixrack via GigaAce, no control network connection at all, so it decided to assign itself an address:

    Wed Apr 26 2017 02:50:18.737 :: Notification: Scene Recall: 106 (../../TLD/TLDCommon/SceneManager.cpp:1020) :: 0 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 05:07:16.685 :: Surface halting :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 05:07:16.685 :: 127.0.0.1 – Server Side Disconnected (AHNet) :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 05:07:16.686 :: 10.0.1.152 Disconnected (AHNet) :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:29.703 :: Application Started – V1.42 – Rev. 32313 :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:36.605 :: GigaACE MAC Address: 00:04:C4:04:0B:A8 :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:36.605 :: DX MAC Address Base: 00:04:C4:04:0B:A9 :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:37.982 :: Surface Started :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:37.982 :: Outgoing Remote Connection 10.0.1.152 :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:39.309 :: Connection made to 10.0.1.152 (AHNet) :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:39.309 :: Incoming Remote Connection :: 3 :: -1
    Wed Apr 26 2017 22:23:39.309 :: Connection made from 127.0.0.1 – Server Side (AHNet) :: 3 :: -1

    (Dates are wrong, that was Saturday 5/6.)

    Jack, I’ll send you the full log as well. I set the c2500 to static immediately after and haven’t had anything come up in log since then. (…and I’ve been making a conceited effort to try to crash the thing.)

    #63661

    Just an update: It was definitely an unshielded cable issue. Pulled what was supposed to be a shielded cable out of a bin. …it was not. Running 3 weeks now with a heavier shielded cat6 and zero issues so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.